Thread: HELP! 7" combo recommendations under $1000

HELP! 7" combo recommendations under $1000

Hi everyone. Its been a while.... Back into boating after a few years absence. Just bought a new boat (Signature 542RF) and its needs new electronics. Technology moves quickly. Any recommendations for a easy to use combo. Best value under $1000? 7" preferred. Touch would be great but not important. I'm not the best fisherman so the chart is probably more important than the sounder. I'm boating in and around Moreton Bay. Thanks

Re: HELP! 7" combo recommendations under $1000

I bought a Lowrance Elite 7 Ti. From a well known shop on Northern end of sandgate road. You can get it with a Navionics Plus chart card and the excellent ( but massive) structure scan transducer for just under $1100. Or you can get it cheaper wuth the much smaller standard transsucer if you dont want the structure scan feature.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have just purchased the same requirement in combo's. I did a fair bit of shopping around. I ended up getting 2 x Lowrance HDS Gen 3 and 1 x Totalscan Transducer (after $100 cash back on each unit + other discounts) for a total of $2028.20

Cheers Adam

perfect. thanks for that

Yay! Bought a Lowrance Elite 7 but have a question. A Navionics AU/NZ SD card is attached to the inside lid of the packaging. Is the map preloaded or do I need to insert the card? The card is SD not micro SD so will not insert into the front of the unit. Ta

There should be a larger adapter that u put the micro into then it will be the same size as sd if that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Hmm, other way round. The card is SD and the slot is micro SD ?

Ausfish Platinum Member

What you think is the card is actually an adaptor. Look closely, you will see the micro Sd inserted into the front of it.

Ausfish Platinum Member

And don't chuck that adaptor away, they are very useful for storing micro SD's not in use, too small and easy to lose.

Ahh, thank you. I'll have a closer look. Cheers

sorry what was said above read it wrong!
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

All good. Found the micro card inside the adapter. Thanks again. Wow! Nice unit.