Thread: Noosa to chardons reef starter marks.

Noosa to chardons reef starter marks.

now i know this is horribly against the fishing etiquette and i wouldn't usual ask but my HDS8 gen1 finally died and i want able to recover my marks nor did i have the sense to create a hard copy. Ive got my old marks in close on my backup sounder but all my wider ones have gone into the electric gave yard and as a result put something of a damper on my trip tomorrow night.

If there is anyone willing to PM me starter mark for chardons reef I would be eternally grateful and more then happy to swap some productive marks for Sunshine and misery reef.
    I've found the starter marks from the fishing Noosa book to be more or less useless and most of my fishing buddies either stay close in smaller boats or head out DI way (i could also trade a few marks from up there if preferred)

Ausfish Bronze Member willfraser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Noosa to chardons reef starter marks.

Mate I can give you some chardons marks on Monday when I get back from work in exchange

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Thanks, its little late for the Sunday trip but i'd be keen all the same. I havnt spent much time out that way so any extra ground is a bonus.

Ausfish Bronze Member willfraser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No worries mate

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

That is such a bummer losing marks. I back up all my best marks on paper and do an electronic download of marks from my GPS at least once a year. I also learned this the hard way

Anyone here is welcome to send me their marks and I'll back them up....
    ...not as though I'll empty the secret spots....not with my record. ...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

No SD card in the unit that you might have saved WPs to in the past. When you say died, no power, just not showing anything. Just wondering as a mates gps died, after he bought a new unit I pulled it apart and found it was the power source had corroded. Wired the unit up directly and retrieve everything. Don't discount the unit as dead yet, won't help you with your immediate trip but still worth hanging on.

Trip when pretty well, just guessed the general area and stumbled on some ok structured before running back to Sunshine and hitting an unending streak of pearlies.

The sd card has my older marks saved but I hadn't backed up the later (wider) ones unfortunately. I'll take the unit out and see if it's just a power issue or something more terminal.