Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trailer boats over 3500kg

Re: trailer boats over 3500kg

Generally and I could be wrong but they will upgrade your GVM but not your GCM.

This is what happens with all the new GVM upgraded cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Gday Skusto, mate the GCM can also be upgraded. I got the Lovells GVM upgrade to 3800kg and the Lovells BTC upgrade to 4000kg late last year and it came with am engineers certificate that states a GCM of 7800kg. This is on a 2016 cruiser.

Cheers
    Lee

The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Any_Weather View Post
    Gday Skusto, mate the GCM can also be upgraded. I got the Lovells GVM upgrade to 3800kg and the Lovells BTC upgrade to 4000kg late last year and it came with am engineers certificate that states a GCM of 7800kg. This is on a 2016 cruiser.

Cheers
    Lee

Oh ok great a lot of places I was reading said they couldn't get the gcm upgraded as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

hey whats the damage on boat trailer rego up to 4500kg roughly?

About $220 for 12 months I think I just paid.

Quote Originally Posted by myusernam View Post
    hey whats the damage on boat trailer rego up to 4500kg roughly?

I thought my trailer up to 3500kg was well over $300

Old Effy tow trucks are the go, short wheel base and the tow point is nice and close to the rear axle.

Just have to slip out a few leafs to reduce the bounce as they were built for lifting the front of the towed vehicle.

Still see a few going for a reasonable price in NSW.

Darren

I towed our 800 patriot which is very close to 4.5t on trailer full of fuel, bait, ice etc with a single cab v8 cruiser ute that had 300kg springs in the back and it did not like going over 70km/h, have since upgraded to a 4.5t rated F250 dual cab and its quite happy to sit on 110km/h towing the same weight.
    Both these utes were my daily driver and suprisingly the 7.3L F250 gets better fuel economy than the 4.5L v8 Cruiser both around town and on the highway