Thread: Boat Covers

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Boat Covers

If you're after an unbelievably cheap cover of exceptional quality go to eBay and type in "Kaiser Boat Covers"

I got one for my new 4.95 Surtees that cost $175.00 and free shipping.

The quality is far better or as good as a professionally made cover with light but strong material, side zips for easy entry, a zillion loops and snap straps to tie it down and when you get it (inside a storage bag) you'll think "nah, there's a catch here somewhere" but there's not!

They don't short cut you on the size of the cover and in fact you almost get too much so it covers every inch including your outboard! They're tailer made for a boat with a V front to slip over the sharp end and a tie down rope for under the outboard, fits like a glove!

II'll guarantee you won't be disappointed and the price is the clincher!

I had Goodline Trimming quote me an unbelievable $3200 (true) for the same cover!

Dont leave home without one!😜

Re: Boat Covers

I have never seen cheap and quality ever go together, will be interesting to see how it lasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Thought the same myself but I was put onto them by a mate who has had one for about 15 months and nary a sign of wear and tear or rotted stitched. Even the two big-tooth zips have held up! Wouldn't be the first time a quality product has appeared and performed admirably.

Time will tell but even if it chucked its guts in after two years, still reasonably cheap compared to the really expensive ones that also develop issues.

Ausfish Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkPanther View Post
    If you're after an unbelievably cheap cover of exceptional quality go to eBay and type in "Kaiser Boat Covers"

I got one for my new 4.95 Surtees that cost $175.00 and free shipping.

The quality is far better or as good as a professionally made cover with light but strong material, side zips for easy entry, a zillion loops and snap straps to tie it down and when you get it (inside a storage bag) you'll think "nah, there's a catch here somewhere" but there's not!

They don't short cut you on the size of the cover and in fact you almost get too much so it covers every inch including your outboard! They're tailer made for a boat with a V front to slip over the sharp end and a tie down rope for under the outboard, fits like a glove!

II'll guarantee you won't be disappointed and the price is the clincher!

I had Goodline Trimming quote me an unbelievable $3200 (true) for the same cover!

Dont leave home without one!
    I'm keen to hear how it goes over time. for $175 vs $3200, even if you went through a few, I'd be ok with that! I'm looking for one myself. At this point in time I only need one for the outboard.

I've got one of those covers for my CC.
    They are good but the material doesn't like the edges on the LED light bar I've mounted up on the T-Top. But I can't really blame the cover for that. I don't think any material would last long rubbing on a metal corner in the wind every day. I've sorted that out by glueing patches where the edges rub. Overall the cover is lasting very well.
    It wraps over from the anchor to the motor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They make them just for outboards as well, around $35-$50 bucks.

Same deal on eBay x "Kaiser Outboard Motor Covers"

I found the rubbing comment applies to all covers, even the expensive ones, piece of high density foam lightly glued underneath the troublesome spot will prevent it from rubbing a hole.

I've had mine for 18 months. Slight wear underneath on waterproofing around the sharp edges and couple of the tie down points are starting to wear through.
    I purchased my own cam-buckle straps as the ones supplied weren't very good. But all good so far.

If i had to choose again I would get a lighter colour. The black gets hot fast and holds the heat in.
    The outboard cover should last a long time considering its not under any stress. I have a permatrim so the cover doesn't zip up, but still fits good.

IMG_0506.jpgIMG_0508.jpgIMG_0509.jpg