Thread: Garmin maps to navionics

Garmin maps to navionics

Hi all this has probably been covered in previous threads, I did a quick search and didn't find exactly what I was after.
    So I hope someone can help, a friend of mine gave me his Garmin SD card to download his waypoints now I worked out I had to install Garmin Homeport, I did that and uploaded all the waypoints to my apple, they installed on a format called ADM now I understand I have to change that format to GPX or .USR and than download to a navionics platium card. My Q is this, am I on the right path and if so how do I change the format to download onto Nav SD card?
    Thankyou all

Re: Garmin maps to navionics

Does this help?

https://www.gpsbabel.org/

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

thanks, PixieAU have you used this program?

thanks, PixieAU have you used this program?

PixieAU mate tried it doesn't open on my Mac, Mac doesn't recognise it.
    cheers for help.

Yes but on a PC

Have you looked at gpsedit? I can't recall whether that was more for tracks rather than points but it might work. Not sure about mac though

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Follow this to the point where you have your .gpx file
    https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch...bT3Gl3uZzC63O7
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

I can just export my marks from my Garmin into .gpx format ( can choose either adm format or gpx). Could do it on my old 1020xs and can do it on my current 1222xsv. Maybe your mate can too? Makes it easy.
    Not sure if the .csv file created in Owens steps above will get you a gpx file as you are Mac. Haven't looked a a raw gpx file so don't know what conversion is required from a comma separated file.
    Also don't put them on a navionics card you may ruin it. Just put it on a fresh sd card and then load it up into your Gps - the marks file sd card does not have to stay in your machine once you've uploaded the marks/tracks.
    Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums