Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1

    New Raymarine Axiom PRO MFD

    Launched today at the 2017 ICAST convention in the US the new Raymarine Axiom PRO answers some questions and pushes the brand to a newer level.


    So when the Axiom was launched a few months ago it was the first we saw of Raymarines new Lighthouse 3 software, quad processing and Real Vision 3d sonar. it was an interesting launch with a fair few features missing. but with really good backbones to build from. this new Axiom pro just takes that a bit further.so major differences from the out going ES series and current axiom series

    1. built in 1kw CHIRP sonar "not 100% sure its dual frequency, a video released by Raymarine on social media suggests it is DUAL 1KW. but no mention of it on the Raymarine website
    2. Hyrbid touch. multi touch screen and physical buttons
    3. Quad core processing. makes running mutli sonar systems very very smooth
    4. Real vision 3d sonar system provides side, down, and 3d as well as high wide chirp in one transducer

    early to say. but i have a good feeling about this system

    Moose

    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  2. #2

    Re: New Raymarine Axiom PRO MFD

    Any prices yet Moose? What sort of coin are we talking ?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  3. #3

    Re: New Raymarine Axiom PRO MFD

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Any prices yet Moose? What sort of coin are we talking ?
    AXIOM PRO 9 RVX w/AUS - Axiom Pro 9" MFD with RealVision 3D and 1kW CHIRP and Navionics NAV+ Australia & New Zealand Chart (AUS) $3,817.27

    E70372-00-AUS AXIOM PRO 12 RVX w/AUS - Axiom Pro 12.1" MFD with RealVision 3D and 1kW CHIRP and Navionics NAV+ Australia & New Zealand Chart (AUS) $5,908.18


    E70373-00-AUS AXIOM PRO 16 RVX w/AUS - Axiom Pro 15.6" MFD with RealVision 3D and 1kW CHIRP and Navionics NAV+ Australia & New Zealand Chart (AUS) $8,635.45

    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  4. #4

    Re: New Raymarine Axiom PRO MFD

    Are they essentially the same machines in different sized screen displays?

    Do those prices include the all in one transducers or are they on top?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  5. #5

    Re: New Raymarine Axiom PRO MFD

    WTF? please dont say that those prices make it anything more than richman toys. $3817 wow. But then the piece de Resistance, for the 12", $5908.18.
    at that price, youd think they would drop the $8.18.
    Lowrance HDS9 gen3 combo with 3d txr selling for $2999. Is this a $900 better unit?
    to say sticker shock would be an understatement. I think second hand may be a better buy.

  6. #6

    Re: New Raymarine Axiom PRO MFD

    I am wondering is the 5 grand in price difference between the 9' and the 15' just paying for a bigger screen? That is a hefty per inch price difference isn't it?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  7. #7

    Re: New Raymarine Axiom PRO MFD

    trying to explain prices between brands will only ever end in a headache and alcohol. lol

    you also cant compare reduced special prices of older units with the RRP for units that havnt been released yet. we have a saying in the industry of "SVP" street value pricing". for it will almost never be at RRP.

    i have high hopes for these axiom pros. there is a fair bit more going on behind the scenes at the raymarine skunkworks than they let out i feel.

    Those prices do not include the RV transducers.

    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  8. #8

    Re: New Raymarine Axiom PRO MFD

    Every other industry, electronic components get cheaper, but Boating has a particular gouging appeal to the manufactures. Just doesnt sit well with my 40 odds years of experience in electronics.

  9. #9

    Re: New Raymarine Axiom PRO MFD

    but you should know then that consumer electronics sell in the hundreds of thousands to millions... and cross many many platforms.
    not a great deal of industries share recreational grade sonar technology.

    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  10. #10

    Re: New Raymarine Axiom PRO MFD

    Up to a point I do, moose. But the concept that a larger monitor blows out the price by the margins quoted rings alarm bells in my mind. The main guts wouldnt be any different between a 9" and a 16". I fully understand 2core/4core processors and mother boards. they havent changed in price but have gone up in performance. Ok with the sonar parts, it could get a little exotic. But they aint buying in 200 lots. The old technology doesnt get turffed out but put in a "new" box. Programmers would be kept busy making minor limitations to the functions. So they do amortise their R&D over many generations. And dont tell me the plastic box cost a fortune.
    I understand your in noman's land, but as a consumer, its only rational if you put on the "gouge" hat. And American companies do it so nicely. I also understand its not your job to defend. I also appreciate your enthusiasm about the new technology, ME TOO. But it is my job as a consumer to question the assumptions we live under. The assumption Raymarine have made is that the market will bare the steep prices. Which then begs the question, do they know they will sell a shit load? If the prices come down in 6months or cheaper models come on the market, we will know that answer.
    I can see its great gear, buts its way over my budget.

  11. #11

    Re: New Raymarine Axiom PRO MFD

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy56 View Post
    Up to a point I do, moose. But the concept that a larger monitor blows out the price by the margins quoted rings alarm bells in my mind. The main guts wouldnt be any different between a 9" and a 16". I fully understand 2core/4core processors and mother boards. they havent changed in price but have gone up in performance. Ok with the sonar parts, it could get a little exotic. But they aint buying in 200 lots. The old technology doesnt get turffed out but put in a "new" box. Programmers would be kept busy making minor limitations to the functions. So they do amortise their R&D over many generations. And dont tell me the plastic box cost a fortune.
    I understand your in noman's land, but as a consumer, its only rational if you put on the "gouge" hat. And American companies do it so nicely. I also understand its not your job to defend. I also appreciate your enthusiasm about the new technology, ME TOO. But it is my job as a consumer to question the assumptions we live under. The assumption Raymarine have made is that the market will bare the steep prices. Which then begs the question, do they know they will sell a shit load? If the prices come down in 6months or cheaper models come on the market, we will know that answer.
    I can see its great gear, buts its way over my budget.
    I've pulled more than my fair share of marine gear apart Andy - very few run the same boards in the next model up. Typically they are a totally different board these days. In days gone by where gear had a mother board, a power supply and a video board/display but that is reasonably rare in the modern market place - not unusual for there to be only one board in the things. Sure, they build them for nothing like what they sell them for but the R&D and the massive advertising budgets have to made somewhere - boat shows, on line professional video productions, print media, sponsorships etc all cost money. Axiom will be Raymarine's new "premium" branding for sure but it will sell - only have to look at what a Navnet TZ2 system is worth these days as a comparison and they seem to be going all right.
    "I soak the worms in rum. The fish love em and the worms die happy"
    "Alcohol is not the solution to your problems...................but then again, neither is milk"

  12. #12

    Re: New Raymarine Axiom PRO MFD

    all good. i am in a funky position in a way. and there is...........some interesting stuff to consider that is a bit interesting with screen size prices. often bigger units are being installed into vessels of a certain size and certain "wealth bracket". where "8,000 per unit is... no big deal. so long as they have it before that other scumbag down the road" this is a small market.. but.. important none the less.
    so charging a premium on larger products can help actually lower the cost on some of the smaller sizes for the masses.
    Its like tesla

    Tesla started with a very very expensive premium price car 'model S" that helps offset the cost of R&D, marketing etc.. because there are enough cashed up early adopters... then they release more medium priced car, after making savings passed on by its premium bigger borther. till eventually they have "a car of the people" at a smaller margain mass produced price.

    There is an element of that in marine electronics......its a gray area.

    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  13. #13

    Re: New Raymarine Axiom PRO MFD

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    raymarine skunkworks
    Kill me now...


  14. #14

    Re: New Raymarine Axiom PRO MFD

    back to the point at hand-

    Version 3.1 of their new lighthouse operating system was also announced today at Icast "for rollout sometime this month its suggested".
    with features missed in the early release of Axiom.
    Scroll back "plus/minus 10 mins we shall see"
    GPS and gyro activation across all sonar
    Wifi and autopilot intergration.

    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  15. #15
    Ausfish Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sunshine Coast

    Re: New Raymarine Axiom PRO MFD

    You would be pretty annoyed if you bought the standard axiom and prefer the pro


    Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    Kevlacat 6.2m
    115 v4 evinrudes (going strong)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us