Thread: Gary Howard Surf Classic 13'6"

Gary Howard Surf Classic 13'6"

I am thinking of buying this rod Gary Howard Surf Classic 13'6" 5/8 kg ratting with a red fiberglass tip but cant seamed to find to much about it. Will be use for chasing dart. Any advice on this rod would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Gary Howard Surf Classic 13'6"

There must not be any fisherman with them. What can you guys recommend.

I've got one but with a white tip. Have used it once in the last 4 years. Will sell it to you cheap if you want

Have sent PM Billy C

Have a surf classic medium, also white tip- Good rod. Not too heavy, but strong enough to cast a mile and rock fish.

I use this rod as my main tailor rod. Perfect Fast surf rod! It's only real downside is that being a Fast surf it can tear up baits, so if you are using crappy quality pilchards you get to watch them sail off towards the horizon.

Not a rod I would use if targetting Dart, you can get away with something much lighter. The Surf Classic has a little brother called the "Surf Special", best dart chaser I've ever owned. I don't know if Gary is still making them though, if not he IS producing a new, similar rod called "The Dart".