Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marine batteries

Re: Marine batteries

Quote Originally Posted by gford001 View Post
    Ended up with a pair of seamaster MFM70s. Got them from a place at Wynnum. Pretty happy with the $169 each i paid. Was quoted a trade special price for them at $229 elsewhere.
    x2 for these guys, good service and good prices.

Ausfish Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    I was less thna impressed with the last pair of Century's I bought, hardly used them and they gave up the ghost in under 12 months. Wont be visiting their brand again any time soon.
    That's a shame Feral. I had a single Century Marine battery (730), got me 3 faultless years and sold it with the boat and had a good load test still. Just out of curiosity, had you either used them frequently or trickle charged? Most batteries will drop a cell if allowed to fall under certain voltages.

Quote Originally Posted by gford001 View Post
    Ended up with a pair of seamaster MFM70s. Got them from a place at Wynnum. Pretty happy with the $169 each i paid. Was quoted a trade special price for them at $229 elsewhere.
    Can you PM me the name of the place, I'd drive from Calondra for a pair at that price.

I've got seamaster batteries back in my boats after getting a couple of century marine and ended up taking them back to BCF twice.. Century were good with replacing as both were faulty.. The replacements also died and I just cut my losses and went back to the ones that seem to just do it so much better.. With no more dramas so far.

I've also had a bad run with century and switched to cat batteries but have now started to use the exide from costco. If your not a member already the amount saved if you join you will still be in front. And you can refund your membership aswell if you want.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.