Thread: Moreton Bay 7/7/17

Moreton Bay 7/7/17

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1485.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	115926Howdy folks,Went out yesterday morning with my long time fishing mate Jim.
    Left from Manly boat ramp at 6.30am and headed out onto the bay with a SW wind blowing 12 knots.
    By noon the bay was picture perfect and beautiful as always especially on a week day.
    Our trip was to chase those elusive bay snapper and I must say they are living up to there nature.
    We hunted them from dawn till dusk and it was hard work but it payed off.
    Managed to score 5 and 1 tusk fish for our efforts.
    Can't wait till our next trip !!
    Cheers Brent ><>

Re: Moreton Bay 7/7/17

Nice one Brent
    Got two nice ones during my 1st go at Redcliffe for a while on Monday but plenty of casts in between and the only two touches for the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzer View Post
    Nice one Brent
    Got two nice ones during my 1st go at Redcliffe for a while on Monday but plenty of casts in between and the only two touches for the morning.
    Thats good mate its been a bit quiet in the bay for some years but maybe its starting to improve now.
    My largest fish was 48 cms and i hope they start to get bigger this winter.
    Cheers Brent ><>

Well done Brent I am guessing plastics in which case you definitely worked hard, I've lost my plastics mojo and caught all my last lot on bait. Whatever works is my motto, I go with tidal run. No run no fun on plastics, bait works better on glassed out days with little current which is what happened last time.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Ausfish mobile app

Yes Brian you know me always plastic fishing.
    You are correct in saying 'No run No fun'
    Can't see myself going back to using dead baits but I have thought of livies.
    Just wish the bay was still like it was 5 years ago when you could take someone out and show them how to catch a fish.
    No promises now it's just real hard work to get a feed.
    ><>. ><>. ><> 🎣