Thread: I'm thinking of adding a permatrim. What are your thoughts?

I'm thinking of adding a permatrim. What are your thoughts?

I have a 4.5 m side console with a 60 fourstroke. The motor height is now correct (after raising it one hole) and the stainless propeller is perfect i.e. 6000 rpm full throttle for 32 knots with two up. Two things I would like to improve are the hole shot which is ok but I think could be improved and ride in choppy water. I would hope that a permatrim will allow the boat to trim the nose down better as with two people sitting towards the rear of the boat it has a rear weight bias. What are your thoughts? thanks in advance, Winston.

Re: I'm thinking of adding a permatrim. What are your thoughts?

I'd say you've got a 4.5m SC boat! There's only so much you can do.

Hi Winston

I currently have a 4.7m fibreglass side console and had an old merc with a SE300 on it which worked great. But have since put a new motor on 60hp and added a permatrim and it helps a lot with the holeshot and also staying on the plain at low RPMs. Out of the 2 I would pick the permatrim as it seems to work slightly better. Hope this helps PM me if you want more info, I have only ran it a couple of times with the new permatrim but as I said it works for me.

Try a 4 blade prop helped my 4.3 with a 60 4stroke more than any
    hydrofoil