Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fitzroy Trip

Re: Fitzroy Trip

Hi Perko. 1770 does not have the same strong current issues as outside Breaksea, and the bar is a bit more civilised. That is where we have been concentrating over the past 18 months since the issues with my motors surfaced. I don't fancy the thought of having to come back across the 4 mile on 1 motor and only able to do 7 knots in ocean swell conditions. That would be a good way to end up the lead item on the 6 o'clock news. Glad to hear you had a ripper trip. Some friends who fished further north than us also did really well bagging out on nice sized trout and red throats in the shallows.

Thanks Sam. You would be welcome to come along on one of our trips. Happy to have a third person on board. I have a couple of regular deckies who usually line up whenever a trip is organised, but this time around the days did not line up for either of them so it was just a 2 man trip. It does make the boat less crowded, and there are no fights on who gets to swag on the back deck in the lagoon. Next time I am heading up to Caloundra, I will get in touch and try to catch up for a chat.

cheers

Jeff

Great report Short Fuse
    What were you doing at Tiaro Soulfish?
    Trying to chat up the locals at the pub again

Quote Originally Posted by soulfish View Post
    Good report Geoff..saw you going through Tiaro Friday arvo .A mate had his brakes tampered with overnite in the car park at 1770..his calipers were loosened,one came off & caused a blow out on trailer on way back to goldy.Might pay for everyone to give there trailer a good going over before putting boats on..bloody pricks

Thanks for the report, and the update on the issues with the Suzukis. I had thought the Suzi's must have all been performing well, don't hear about too many faults. Highlights again that all brands have issues, how they deal with them is the most important thing.

Hey short fuse nice looking cat mate
    seen you guys at the ramp Friday night we were the Noosa cat one the beach next to ramp
    was a magic trip out to the reef Friday night best trip I've had usually punch out into a head sea no shaken beer .. lol..

And as Soulfish said my trailer was tampered with at ramp bolts loosened on 4 out of six Calipers one must of been rubbing tyre that blew out .. kind of lucky I was towing with a 10400gvm truck this trip might not of been as lucky with the cruiser

Cheers mick

Maybe picking you up rob

Maybe the locals have a grudge......us people with rates notices don't seem to have that problem.
    I shouldn't say that, knowing my luck something will happen next time

And as Soulfish said my trailer was tampered with at ramp bolts loosened on 4 out of six Calipers one must of been rubbing tyre that blew out .. kind of lucky I was towing with a 10400gvm truck this trip might not of been as lucky with the cruiser

Cheers mick[/QUOTE]

I might need a photo copy leave on the dash lol.. or go in your boat