Thread: Uploading

Uploading

Been trying to post a report with pictures. Go to add pictures using "Managed Attachments". I select the photo I want to add, then click upload. Finished uploading, but doesn't add into the pictures.Have tested on Chromium 58, Firefox and my Android phone. Using Linux: Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five).

Re: Uploading

Upload the photos twice Julian.
    Seems to always work 2nd time round.

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Upload the photos twice Julian.
    Seems to always work 2nd time round.
    Cheers. Didn't work unfortunately. Ohwell.

Is there still a 100kb limit on uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Is there still a 100kb limit on uploads
    Could be it. Photos are 4mb. 90s called and they want their upload limits back.

That would be the issue, either resize the photos or save them in the cloud many ways to do this and post a link to them. Go to the Help section on here, lots of posts on doing all of this.

That was it, thanks sir. It never gave an error when uploading in the first instance. Silly it just silently drops the files

It's a pity it doesn't work like some social media where the software converts the file for you. Thats is another way, you can post the photos on FB for instance, then save them back to your phone/tablet and they will normally be of a postable size.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    It's a pity it doesn't work like some social media where the software converts the file for you. Thats is another way, you can post the photos on FB for instance, then save them back to your phone/tablet and they will normally be of a postable size.
    Thank you again! I don't go on FB, but found out using my phone, it was easy to resize. The 90s are still calling!!!!

No worries Julian, I can do it on my phone but not on my tablet, go figure, so have to resort to FB sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by JulianDeMarchi View Post
    Been trying to post a report with pictures. Go to add pictures using "Managed Attachments". I select the photo I want to add, then click upload. Finished uploading, but doesn't add into the pictures.Have tested on Chromium 58, Firefox and my Android phone. Using Linux: Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five).
    You could just drag & drop the photos into your post if you are using a PC. No need to use the manage attachment option. Images will be posted inline.
    Easier if you are running two screens, but if you are not just shrink the browser window and have the Exploerer window visible beside/behind with the files visible so you can drag and drop them into your post.

Sorry I don't have an easier solution for mobile devices yet. .