Thread: Garmin GPSMAP 750 fuel flow from Suzuki DF140

Garmin GPSMAP 750 fuel flow from Suzuki DF140

I have connected my Garmin 750s to my 2007 Suzuki DF140 via a Lowrance NMEA 2000 interface. I'm getting correct readings for all engine parameters except the fuel flow, which is much higher than it should be - something like 190 L/h when it should about 25 L/h. I suspect this is just a scaling or unit problem, but I can't find any settings to adjust the reading. Any clever people here that can help?

Re: Garmin GPSMAP 750 fuel flow from Suzuki DF140

You need a Lowrance display unit to calibrate the interface.

Thanks, I might install a second sounder/plotter and hook the engine into that. It looks like the Lowrance Elite-5 Ti is the cheapest combo?

Can't help with pricing etc. Been out of the retail game ever since the first HDS series. Best bloke here would be Chocolate Moose or talk to your local technical lowrance retailer.

Ausfish Silver Member

I may have a lowrance gauge in the shed.went through this crap with our 750.where abouts are you?

Sent you a PM

Ausfish Silver Member

LL
    Have a read here..http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-e...-can-done.html
    you have a message.

Ausfish Silver Member

how did you go LL ? that link helped us.cheers

Your problem is that you have the wrong software version on your Suzuki interface cable. The crazy fuel flow that is like 10x what it should be is the giveaway symptom of the wrong sw version. You will also,likely find that general data is unstable as well, over time.

You will NEVER fix that fuel flow error by calibrating - calibrating is really for fine tuning only. The only fix will be to get the correct version software on the interface cable.

For a 2007 year motor, you will be best with interface software version 2.30. This version, once connected, has to be configured correctly and that can only be done by using a Lowrance or Simrad head unit or LMF gauge (or Suzuki SMIIS gauge) that is attached temporarily to your network.

Depending on what interface cable you have now, the software might or might not be able to be changed. Do you know the part number? Of can you check the silver tag on the cable? If the part number ends in -290 or -350, then it cant be changed and you will need to physically change the cable to one with V2.30 loaded. If its a different part number, then likely it can be flashed to change it to V 2.30, but this can only be done by a Lowrance or Simrad display attached to the network and using its SD card to upload the software. I can send you a link to a copy of V 2.30 if you need it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Your problem is that you have the wrong software version on your Suzuki interface cable. The crazy fuel flow that is like 10x what it should be is the giveaway symptom of the wrong sw version. You will also,likely find that general data is unstable as well, over time.

You will NEVER fix that fuel flow error by calibrating - calibrating is really for fine tuning only. The only fix will be to get the correct version software on the interface cable.

For a 2007 year motor, you will be best with interface software version 2.30. This version, once connected, has to be configured correctly and that can only be done by using a Lowrance or Simrad head unit or LMF gauge (or Suzuki SMIIS gauge) that is attached temporarily to your network.

Depending on what interface cable you have now, the software might or might not be able to be changed. Do you know the part number? Of can you check the silver tag on the cable? If the part number ends in -290 or -350, then it cant be changed and you will need to physically change the cable to one with V2.30 loaded. If its a different part number, then likely it can be flashed to change it to V 2.30, but this can only be done by a Lowrance or Simrad display attached to the network and using its SD card to upload the software. I can send you a link to a copy of V 2.30 if you need it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grant,
    I've sent a lowrance display and cables to help setup. After the little problem with ausfish web page LL may not know its running again.

Ok.

Here is a link to the Suzuki Outboard forum and a thread I wrote with links to download Suzuki interface software, including V 2.30. There is also. Paper I wrote that includes a lot of info and tells you how to upload software changes to the interface.

if LL need more help he can get into contact with me.

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...-networks.html
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Hey Guys,

Sorry for not replying here. Yes, I know it's been a year Tracker was an absolute champ, he sent me a lowrance fuel gauge to help with the re-calibration. Unfortunately I haven't been able to use it and now I have to sort out issues with the batteries. Isn't owing a boat fun?

Grant,

Thanks for the info. Once I've got the batteries sorted out I'll be installing a Lowrance unit alongside the Garmin and can then hopefully get the fuel reading calibrated