Thread: Offshore Moreton.

Offshore Moreton.

G'day guys, I came home Saturday with my tail between my legs after fishing the 35's in the morning for no fish. My usual marks that produce were bare. The wind from the north didn't help early in the day. We moved to the 29's about midday and got 3 keepers at 36,37 and 55cm before the whales and dolphins shut the fish down.
    How did everyone else go? Was it a quiet day or did I just luck out?
    I heared Bill Corten did well on the 120m mark which is where I was heading but stopped at the 35's as I was sick of punching into the Wind chop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Offshore Moreton.

Quiet day at the cape. Only stand out of the 4 snaps I got was an 85cm model.

I had my worst trip in about 4 years yesterday, 160l of fuel used for two fish. Just couldn't get anything to work going to put the boat in he shed till September I think and wipe yesterday's trip off the memory bank.

Great conditions though!

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Quote Originally Posted by JulianDeMarchi View Post
    Quiet day at the cape. Only stand out of the 4 snaps I got was an 85cm model.
    Good fish.
    They are great to BBQ whole at that size. It'll feed a small army.

Thank God!!! I was getting ready to sell my boat as I was sick of dragging undersized fish out of 90m of water just to throw them back with little chance of survival. The one keeper pearly cost nearly $180 in fuel and bait not to mention the brownie points I burnt with my wife

Cracker of a day on Sunday weather wise, pity the fish didn't play the game east of the Cape. Only a coupe of pearlies (very little current). Not a snapper scale raised. Looks like I'm not the only one donating to the fuel companies with little reward.

Great to see some reports for a change.
    Good or bad it helps to plan future trips.
    It looks like the old regulars have moved to another Forum so I guess we should pick up our game and post a bit more frequently .

Hi guys I headed out sat morning but stayed in the bay I landed a 60cm from southern mud then headed to harries I drifted the run out current in 9-15m with whole pillies.past the plethora of boats hauling 2 fish over 40 every drift . I ended with my quota 60-55-53-48 then gave 2-46cm from one drift to one of the boats with 3 guys on it and another 2 about the same size to a dad and daughter team ... there in the bay not offshore?
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmfun View Post
    Hi guys I headed out sat morning but stayed in the bay I landed a 60cm from southern mud then headed to harries I drifted the run out current in 9-15m with whole pillies.past the plethora of boats hauling 2 fish over 40 every drift . I ended with my quota 60-55-53-48 then gave 2-46cm from one drift to one of the boats with 3 guys on it and another 2 about the same size to a dad and daughter team ... there in the bay not offshore?
    Yeah we realised that after seeing a few reports suppose they thought everyone would be outside so they headed for the bay the pesky buggers ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Interesting you should say that. My mate bagged out on snaps from his pontoon at Raby Bay.