Thread: Nice feed on the Goldie

Nice feed on the Goldie

The first day of the school holidays always requires a fishing trip. With some good weather but not the motivation to go too far, we worked around between Paradise Point and Runaway Bay. Not a huge number of fish, but the highlight was Max and his excitement with a solid flathead. Eve was on landing net duty and coaxed the fish into the net by saying "here flattie, flattie". Max has now mastered the 650 Alvey and the 11 foot four light surf rod.

Re: Nice feed on the Goldie

That is gold Darryl and reminds me of my first fish which was a "flattie" caught near the Houghton bridge around 40 years ago ( I was about 6). I lifted the rod so hard the fish flew straight at my head and fell over with fright! I spent the rest of the day playing with it in a bucket of water, feeling sort of sad.. The best part of that video was Eve asking "is it legal" when Max caught the Bream. You are obviously a great teacher. Thanks for posting..

Therapy...

Re: Nice feed on the Goldie

Some four years old learn the alphabet. I have had Eva learn her size and bag limits.