Thread: extended trip, cooktown to lizard to princess charlotte. fuel advice

extended trip, cooktown to lizard to princess charlotte. fuel advice

Hey guys
    Hopefully soon il be towing the rig to cooktown to then go onto lizard island, the Howick group then maybe up into princess charlotte bay. now my boats got maybe 500km range, so I might need one or two fuel ups. I'm looking into fueling options at any of these 3 areas. Has anyone ever had a remote fuel up off Sea Swift ? I watched a video on you tube and some lads got fuel off the barge/ship that runs up to Thursday island.
    They got it off them at around princess charlotte, and it looked like the pros got some too.
    Any input off someone who has been up that way would be appreciated.
    My other option was a ute loaded up with fuel going into Bathurst bay or somewhere up that way.

Re: extended trip, cooktown to lizard to princess charlotte. fuel advice

Dream trip! Good luck with it. Did a Nomad trip out of Lizard last Easter and it's a magnificent area.

where are you travelling from ???

Mate a trip a want to do please keep us updated.
    Cheers

With that sort of fuel range you could do the whole trip up and back depending on how much running around you do.
    How long do you plan to spend up there. That is a lot of fishing. I recon you will fill the fridges before you get that far.
    You could organise fuel at Lizard island to top off before you head north and then use what's left on the return leg.
    Have you thought about fishing Lizard area and then trailer up to Port Stewart and fish Princess Charlotte from there.
    The roads are good to Port Stewart and fuel up along the way. Sounds like a great trip as I am looking forward to my next trip up that way.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by sportfish58 View Post
    With that sort of fuel range you could do the whole trip up and back depending on how much running around you do.
    How long do you plan to spend up there. That is a lot of fishing. I recon you will fill the fridges before you get that far.
    You could organise fuel at Lizard island to top off before you head north and then use what's left on the return leg.
    Have you thought about fishing Lizard area and then trailer up to Port Stewart and fish Princess Charlotte from there.
    The roads are good to Port Stewart and fuel up along the way. Sounds like a great trip as I am looking forward to my next trip up that way.
    Cheers
    Last time we were up there with our boat lizard Island wouldn't give us fuel unless we were a guest of the resort.

Why not contact far north fishing charters as they have a sister ship with extra fuel and supplies ask if they can store some for you till you get there
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Heh mate did you sort out the fuel issue ?