Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1770

I tried this a while ago without joy but will try again.

I have six weeks of holidays coming up and I am thinking of booking a house at 1770/ Agnes for a couple of weeks. Now, I am well aware that taking time off work when the weather is good can be troublesome at best, so can committing to time away without confirming the weather.

So what I am thinking is this.... why couldn't a group of blokes with say three or four boats pay for a week each and book a house for a month? If the weather is good I can assure you my boat and crew will be out fishing, but having somewhere to come back to after a trip, hqve a shower/poo/sleep before heading home wouldnt be bad to have. Plus somewhere to leave the boat, drive back home and just come back up when the weather is good without having to drag up the boat.

So instead of committing for a week when the weather may be shite, get a few like minded blokes, all chip in and have the house available for all for an extended period. I realise that it may get a bit cramped if everyone was there at the same time, but anyone willing to sleep with stinky men in a boat cabin surely could cope with a swag or sleeping bag on the floor of a loungeroom.

Obviously an attitude of respect for the house, other people and their property would be paramount in such an agreement, but 99% of people who would partake in something like this would understand that

I am thinking mid to late April until mid to late May, a pretty good good time of year historically.

I would prefer to do my own thing fishing wise, but know the area well and could certainly point people in the right direction to get a feed.

Just food for thought.....

Re: 1770

Hello Shane,

i own own a holiday letting house in Agnes Water at 16 Grahame colyer drive called "Idle daze" that can accommodate 3-4 trailer boats hooked up that might suit. It's a small 3 bedroom joint but with what your pitching to other ausfisho's it will do the job.

Happy to work out a discount etc for Ausfish members.

Google Idle daze Agnes water and let me know.
    Cheers,
    Tony.

Good luck.
    How did you go last year Shane with this offer?
    I had zero percent last year and this years offer is looking just as great as well.
    I'm starting to wonder if anyone actually fishes on this forum.
    Maybe I need to change my deodorant or do what tradies outta work do and stand on the side of the road with a banner

Only 4 weeks a year of boys. Great offers like these are hard to take up

Yeah no go last year. Just drove up and back as needed. Ill do a week or so up there this week regardless, but would be awesome to have a few boat chip in for a week each hey. Its still a bloody cheap holiday to have access for three or four weeks for one weeks rent, and the odds of good weather during the stay are certainly better. I certainly thought more would be keen, I know holidays can be hard to come by but I have no say in when my holidays are, I just get plenty of them.....

You live the life Shane.
    I need to work long days and plenty of them to pay for my fishing habit
    I'm up there over the Easter / building industry RDO's ( 12 days ), only time I can really get a way for an extended time without copping a flogging when I get back to work.
    I'm sure there's plenty of people in the building industry on here? Surely?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneC View Post
    Yeah no go last year. Just drove up and back as needed. Ill do a week or so up there this week regardless, but would be awesome to have a few boat chip in for a week each hey. Its still a bloody cheap holiday to have access for three or four weeks for one weeks rent, and the odds of good weather during the stay are certainly better. I certainly thought more would be keen, I know holidays can be hard to come by but I have no say in when my holidays are, I just get plenty of them.....
    You work hard for that time off man. I only sit behind a computer, day in, day out...

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    You live the life Shane.
    I need to work long days and plenty of them to pay for my fishing habit
    I'm up there over the Easter / building industry RDO's ( 12 days ), only time I can really get a way for an extended time without copping a flogging when I get back to work.
    I'm sure there's plenty of people in the building industry on here? Surely?
    Seriously Rob?? Long days & plenty of them??

Come & run a nursery sunshine & then you can complain

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneC View Post
    The idea is great and while I would love to partake the only fly in the oinment is that I cant get crew to join me at the drop of a hat and take 3, 4 or 5 days off. This being retired is much harder work than it seems.

if you're prsently out of work, then it's a great idea- pay for one week and go up there for five! I will discuss this with manboobs and see what he reckons. Long odds though. great idea.

Yes Tony.
    Sorry buddy, I don't know what I was thinking when I said that .

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Seriously Rob?? Long days & plenty of them??

Come & run a nursery sunshine & then you can complain

After the last few days I deserve my holidays.... rightio, I will pay for two weeks, surely a couple of blokes are willing to pay a week each and we will lock a house up for a month....

Shane, how much weekly rent (approx) we talking about? Have you a place in mind already? Good idea mate, Darren

I think generally Daz you are looking at $700 ish a week. But between a few blokes its easy to kustify.....

I'll do a deal for ausfish members. $1,500 for the month. The house isn't much but has all your needs and stumbling distance to the pub!😁