Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Ausfisher in need ...

Exclamation An Ausfisher in need ...

https://www.gofundme.com/wayne-bardwell-megabite

One of our long time members, contributors and M & G attendees is in a pickle.

Another one of our long time members has taken on a support effort. Please visit the link above to get all details.

Briefly:-

Wayne Bardwell , aged 42 has been hit with one of life’s hardest battles. In March this year - after a 14 month period of multiple tests, Wayne received the devastating news that he has Motor Neurone Disease.

There is no cure for MND. Lifespan given is an average of 24 months. Wayne will be in a wheelchair with no ability to do anything for himself. The most cruel part of this disease is that it does not affect the mind. Wayne has to face the harsh reality that he will not be able to see his children grow up, and grow old with his family. Wayne and Cathryn immigrated to Australia 9 years ago leaving their family behind to start their lives here in God’s Country. Now this young family faces something nobody should endure. Especially with no family close by to support them with day to day things.

Many of you may have met Wayne (Megabite) - he is an avid fisherman who skippered Megabite, the second love of his life. He lived for his fishing and taking his family and friends out on the water.

Wayne unfortunately can no longer fish, as he cannot hold a rod in his hands. Knowing he has to sell Megabite is slowly eating away at him as its one of the many things he lived for,

Costs to get Wayne mobile so he can have some sort of normal life are rising - the wheelchair he needs is 29k alone, and that’s not even beginning to touch on things like modifying the house, and the full time care he will need down the track. Wayne and his family need our help.

Guys any money we can raise to help Wayne Cathryn and their 2 boys out would mean so much to them.

Cheers Brett

( AF member Bull )

posted by me on behalf of Brett, Wayne and his family.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: An Ausfisher in need ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    https://www.gofundme.com/wayne-bardwell-megabite

One of our long time members, contributors and M & G attendees is in a pickle.

Another one of our long time members has taken on a support effort. Please visit the link above to get all details.

Briefly:-

Wayne Bardwell , aged 42 has been hit with one of life’s hardest battles. In March this year - after a 14 month period of multiple tests, Wayne received the devastating news that he has Motor Neurone Disease.

There is no cure for MND. Lifespan given is an average of 24 months. Wayne will be in a wheelchair with no ability to do anything for himself. The most cruel part of this disease is that it does not affect the mind. Wayne has to face the harsh reality that he will not be able to see his children grow up, and grow old with his family. Wayne and Cathryn immigrated to Australia 9 years ago leaving their family behind to start their lives here in God’s Country. Now this young family faces something nobody should endure. Especially with no family close by to support them with day to day things.

Many of you may have met Wayne (Megabite) - he is an avid fisherman who skippered Megabite, the second love of his life. He lived for his fishing and taking his family and friends out on the water.

Wayne unfortunately can no longer fish, as he cannot hold a rod in his hands. Knowing he has to sell Megabite is slowly eating away at him as its one of the many things he lived for,

Costs to get Wayne mobile so he can have some sort of normal life are rising - the wheelchair he needs is 29k alone, and that’s not even beginning to touch on things like modifying the house, and the full time care he will need down the track. Wayne and his family need our help.

Guys any money we can raise to help Wayne Cathryn and their 2 boys out would mean so much to them.

Cheers Brett

( AF member Bull )

posted by me on behalf of Brett, Wayne and his family.

cheers LP
    How many Ausfish members are there ?

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish mobile app

Have never met Wayne but I like his priorities in life . This could have randomly chosen any of us to affect . I have helped the Gofundme along as well and encourage others to do the same .

Cheers Chris

Have to say....disappointed. 500 odd ausfishers have visited the page and from what I can see, 2 have kicked the can. Maybe more put hey, not as many of us as we should have. Come on boys, muscle up. Price of a carton or 3 blocks of pillies.
    Do you a deal, because there, for the grace of god, go any of us. Identify as an Ausfisher. Kick in, and I'll match it dollar for dollar to $500

Ausfish Silver Member

never done a gofundme.are these things safe.(cc wise)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    never done a gofundme.are these things safe.(cc wise)?
    Yes they are. Have used many times.

Quote Originally Posted by kc View Post
    Have to say....disappointed. 500 odd ausfishers have visited the page and from what I can see, 2 have kicked the can. Maybe more put hey, not as many of us as we should have. Come on boys, muscle up. Price of a carton or 3 blocks of pillies.
    Do you a deal, because there, for the grace of god, go any of us. Identify as an Ausfisher. Kick in, and I'll match it dollar for dollar to $500
    Done for a $100

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Ausfish Silver Member

done $100.00 bucks.

Some of us prefer the anonymity and didn't put our ausfish name on the donations

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Yes, I believe there are a few of us that remained anonymous... (y)

cheers
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Have been away a few days and the ausfish site also down. Will check Wayne's fund page and follow through tomorrow.

Confirmed 2 Ausfisher deposits of $100. Will let this run till Thursday and match them. Going OS after that for a couple of weeks so offer ends Thursday. Dig in boys. There but for the grace of god go any of us.

Confirmed 2 Ausfisher deposits of $100. Will let this run till Thursday and match them. Going OS after that for a couple of weeks so offer ends Thursday. Dig in boys. There but for the grace of god go any of us.
    You can add me to your list KC. Very good of you to match these donations too.

Saw yours. good on you. $300 so far?

kc

Ausfish Silver Member

you can add mine too. $100.00 (don't know how to put username on gofund.) Brian