Thread: logging in

logging in

hello all.

now that i have a family and a new boat i have decided that i will start logging in with the coast guard prior to bigger trips.
    i have been googling some local vmr but it seems every vmr only monitor radio between 0600 and 1800 on weekends.

how and who do you log in with during the week and how do you log off after 1800?

this is for moreton bay and gold coast waters

Re: logging in

I think Redcliffe coastguard monitor constantly from Friday night to Sunday night but worth checking

Different times on weekdays

Redcliffe Coastguard only do from 0400-2000 Saturday and Sunday,
    And Monday to Friday they do 0600-1800
    You could download the Safetrax app from Coastguard, then you are covered 24 hours a day.

Just make sure either way you are a member of Coastguard or VMR for wherever you boat, that way if you brake down you are covered for assistance,

^there it is from Lee. Mooloolaba is also 24hr. Overnight from about 9pm to 6am they are just on the Ch16 the emergency channel from some radio operators homes then all their working channels like 73, 80, 21 when someone is in the radio room. Brisbane Harbour/Brisbane VTS is always monitoring Ch16 too.

Quote Originally Posted by lethal098 View Post
    Redcliffe Coastguard only do from 0400-2000 Saturday and Sunday,
    And Monday to Friday they do 0600-1800
    You could download the Safetrax app from Coastguard, then you are covered 24 hours a day.

Just make sure either way you are a member of Coastguard or VMR for wherever you boat, that way if you brake down you are covered for assistance,
    Perhaps I'm thinking of the occasional long weekend when I thought they did extended coverage.

thanks for the info guys

Quote Originally Posted by jez and suze View Post
    hello all.

now that i have a family and a new boat i have decided that i will start logging in with the coast guard prior to bigger trips.
    i have been googling some local vmr but it seems every vmr only monitor radio between 0600 and 1800 on weekends.

how and who do you log in with during the week and how do you log off after 1800?

this is for moreton bay and gold coast waters
    Jez you might be getting confused between VMR and Coast Guards. VMR Manly Harbour monitor through the week - Coast Guard on weekends. Likewise Raby Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERDAFF View Post
    Jez you might be getting confused between VMR and Coast Guards. VMR Manly Harbour monitor through the week - Coast Guard on weekends. Likewise Raby Bay.
    i thought that was the case but when you read all the vmd and coast guard sites they only talk of weekend monitoring? just a tad confusing if going by that.

In moreton bay during weekdays try VKQ447 which is the Morteon Bay Trailer Boat Club watch don't know about the Gold Coast but would assume that Coast Guard Seaway would be monitoring. The should monitoring CH 73 or CH 16 VHF

Sent from my PNDP51M10BLK using Ausfish mobile app

Pixie, we used to do from Friday 0600 continuous till 2100 Sunday Or the Public Holiday Monday, we had found however that we received for the most part every other weekend no radio calls at all. Being 100% volunteers we found it difficult to keep getting our people in for these long hours, with nothing actually being needed. We are always available however 24/7 for assistance, which can be obtained via mobile phone, or a relayed message through Brisbane VTS (brisbane Harbour).