Thread: Bow access Ladder

Bow access Ladder

Hey all..
    So I am just trying to help my dad out here.
    I posted this once before on classifieds but didn't get any hits maybe cause not many people look at them

So My dad made a boat Bow ladder that allows people to get up through the bow without having to struggle over the side
    or turn the boat around. At first he mainly made it for our family and his sisters who are older which they loved it cause before he made that
    they had to struggle over the side of his big 5.4m alloy plate boat. He has a new updated website now and a few people have bought it some people include the Water Police in NT and Bonito Boats sell them as a option when selling their boats and a few other people that we have testimonials and pictures of those people.. Unsure if anyone on here has bought one but if you have I hope its been working great for you.

Anyway It's 100% Australian made which is a rare thing to find with most boating products, allot of people including the Australian government was pretty much telling him
    to go to china but he stood tall and said NO, he wants to keep it as a Australian made product. So its designed and made in Brisbane/Redcliff.

Maybe someone will want one of them for a Fathers Day present or just for yourself. He has about 100 ladders in stock and can easy get more if needs be.
    I know how hard it is for Australian New Business to come out and try sell a new product which he has been trying as hard as he can for 3-4 years now.

They range from $439 - $659 which includes GST. He is soon coming out with some new neat designs like a expandable version of 2 of the main ladders and another
    pretty cool 2 other designs which I can't expose yet.

Anyway It be nice if some Aussies can look into this... I always cringe when I see people trying to get into a boat from the ramp or peel island over the side or getting knee deep from the back.

The website is: https://jacobsladderboating.com/
    Here Is a video on the product:

Re: Bow access Ladder

Had a gander at the website. The products look well made but the pricing is going to limit your customer base on the whole to guys that can probably afford bigger boats. Taking that into consideration, the biggest issue I can see (unless mistaken) is that none of those designs can be used with an anchor in place. It is nearly almost standard now on a 6m plus rig to have an anchor winch fitted that permanently houses the anchor on the bow in the bow roller. If your old man can wrap his design skills around that issue along with making his designs suitable for the more common top end anchors like the Manson Supreme, Sarca and similar he may well end up a busy boy.

It's not for every boat..Yet.. They all come with the bow roller but he has a design that I can't expose yet that can use the ladder with large anchors.
    As for price well that's hard to say.. i mean people buy rods, reels, and other items for fishing which cost as much as one of these and yet rods and reels can break or
    you need new ones for bigger fish I think people spend allot of $$ on fishing gear then boating gear.. But your paying for quality over chinese made gear. It's like if you were to buy a cheap chinese item say a phone and then buy a brand phone.. People spend around $1000 for a new phone these days or they end up spending over 2 yrs $2000 on a phone. I think if someone wants something they like or looks good which the people that have bought it didn't care about how much it cost it was more that it was something they wanted.

I've used the Jacobs Ladder and it is a great bit of gear. Top quality, works beautifully and is a great addition to any boat where passengers depart or board at the bow. Oz designed and made. Gotta back the local stuff. It's made for us after all.
    High Quality, custom Sports Fishing Boats.

'you won't find a better built boat'

bump.. New ladders.. Interesting that Most the people buying them are Americans and New Zealand.. Its 100% Australian made and like "Boboau" said its good to support the local stuff. Why support everything made in china why not support our local businesses to boost the local economy.
    Its so hard for Australian made products and businesses to succeed when everyone rather goes on the cheap and buy from china. Come on Aussie boaties support my dad's business... at least check them out.. The prices maybe high but they are high cause they are made in Australia by Australian businesses
    which the cost to make them are allot more then china plus they come with high quality parts that last for years and years.. We use the ladder on all the boats we own for my self, my mum, dad, sisters, brothers, aunties that are in their 70's, little kids have used it so its safe for anyone.

I think the site is new also from the last post I made.. I custom coded the website as I do freelance web development.