Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki d350a NEW RELEASE

Suzuki d350a NEW RELEASE

So just a few moments ago in Florida, Suzuki Marine unvieled its new D350A outboard engines.. and its looking very interesting!
    4.4LT V6. With Twin counter rotating props. in both white and black guise.

watch this space!

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Re: Suzuki d350a NEW RELEASE

Here is the article on the Suzuki website.
    http://www.globalsuzuki.com/globalnews/2017/0609.html
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Short 2 pots.

A naturally aspirated V6 will be working hard to churn 350hp. When there's nothing left in her and you need to increase the compression to make the power it's probably time to just add another couple of cylinders. This thing won't have the torque curve of a V8 Yamaha or supercharged Verado.

suzuki 350hp 330kg
    Yamaha 350hp 350kg

You would probably have a heart attack if you ever needed to replace the props.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Quote Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
    A naturally aspirated V6 will be working hard to churn 350hp. When there's nothing left in her and you need to increase the compression to make the power it's probably time to just add another couple of cylinders. This thing won't have the torque curve of a V8 Yamaha or supercharged Verado.
    Bet it won't have to have the fly wheel changed at 200hrs like the Yamaha though..
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

I am intrigued as to the reason for the counter rotating props. Was it to reduce the strees on the drive shaft? Was it to reduce the stress on the engine mount? Was it to gain extra torque? The interest quickly wanes from there. Its not like they are going to sell a shit load here.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Bet it won't have to have the fly wheel changed at 200hrs like the Yamaha though..
    I have no comeback to that one..

Suzuki d350a NEW RELEASE

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    suzuki 350hp 330kg
    Yamaha 350hp 350kg
    The suzuki is measured with props and oil, dry weight is about 290kgs. The yammy is 365kgs, probably 390kgs wet. 60kgs difference. Also remember the suzuki is much narrower and can fit on the transom better.
    Last edited by Luke G; 12-06-2017 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skusto View Post
    You would probably have a heart attack if you ever needed to replace the props.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    Or worse still the gearbox. I have seen a few references to a dual prop counter rotating Yamaha as well (older motor) but can't say I have ever seen one in the flesh. Guess they will have the same advantages / disadvantages as the Volvo Penta system (not the forward facing one though)

the old two banger yamaha counter rotators in the states are meant to be good on hewes skiffs etc in shallow water. they recon you can run a lot shallower - use a jacking plate, trim up and run shallow. but in bigger hp it would be just more prop blade in the water so less slip i spose

Duo prop will be there for three main reasons.

1. Product separation (the other don't have it)
    2. to offset the effect of the reduced low down torque when compared to the competition
    3. It will eliminate the heeling moment generated by have one big prop putting 350HP into the water. Not an issue on big boats with twins. But if you're looking to put this engine as a single on a trailer-able 8ish m hardtop boat. removing that torque will make you far less dependant on trim tabs to keep the boat flat.

Preliminary pricing is really sharp. So similar to the Verado that it will come down to options and dealer discounts which makes it significantly cheaper than the Yamaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke G View Post
    The suzuki is measured with props and oil, dry weight is about 290kgs. The yammy is 365kgs, probably 390kgs wet. 60kgs difference. Also remember the suzuki is much narrower and can fit on the transom better.
    my Yamaha is 353KG full of oil?

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    HA HA HA

there are exceptions to that rule my engine has 1900 hours on the original flywheel