Thread: New sounder set up

New sounder set up

Hi guy's, I'm in the market for a new sounder set up. Im looking at having 2 networking - one buy the electric motor and one at the console, I'm leaning towards the gen 3 hds ( 7" @ the console, 9" @ the electric ). Just wondered if anyone has any good advice on the matter in regards to other brands or cheaper set ups with similar qualities? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Re: New sounder set up

as long as you have a motorguide leccy, I don't think you can go wrong with that setup. Very easy to use and install. The HDS Carbon may be out of your price range, but for the screen visibility alone, I'd consider that for the bow mount one. That's where you will always have viewing angle issues otherwise. Mat.

Quote Originally Posted by mace01 View Post
    as long as you have a motorguide leccy, I don't think you can go wrong with that setup. Very easy to use and install. The HDS Carbon may be out of your price range, but for the screen visibility alone, I'd consider that for the bow mount one. That's where you will always have viewing angle issues otherwise. Mat.
    I've got an i pilot, yeah I've seen some pics of what those carbons can pick up, pretty impressive, not sure if the mrs would be impressed though with there price tag!!!

hi for bay and river fishing pretty hard to go past the HDS gen 3 units with SS i guess and price is pretty ok just now for non carbon units - although i am not too sure about the 3d ss gimmicky stuff- do have a 2 unit hds setup myself but no electric motor setup - have however been told that hummingbird has a very clear ss view

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny1 View Post
    I've got an i pilot, yeah I've seen some pics of what those carbons can pick up, pretty impressive, not sure if the mrs would be impressed though with there price tag!!!

I guess if you've already got a MK, then Humminbird interface is the way to go. know nothing about their networking abilities though. Mat

so if you have a minnkota ipilot link, it could be worth goign for a Humminbird, Hbird sure does have a lot going for it , its imaging "high frequency" is the best on the market. by a long shot. even its CHIRP based traditional sonar in larger units is very very good. whilst it lacks some of the mod cons like touch screen., wifi etc.. they have stuck with the fundementals that anglers use. good quality screen. simple UI and very fast dedicated buttons "it works for furuno hey?"

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    so if you have a minnkota ipilot link, it could be worth goign for a Humminbird, Hbird sure does have a lot going for it , its imaging "high frequency" is the best on the market. by a long shot. even its CHIRP based traditional sonar in larger units is very very good. whilst it lacks some of the mod cons like touch screen., wifi etc.. they have stuck with the fundementals that anglers use. good quality screen. simple UI and very fast dedicated buttons "it works for furuno hey?"
    Cheers 4 that, i think my ipilot doesn't have the link option but a local tackle store are tryin to persuade me on goin with the helix sounders, they do look the goods plus i aint to fussed about touch screen capabilities