Thread: fisherman's gutter

fisherman's gutter

tried fisherman's gutter yesterday as I had heard good reports from there
    only got 25 average size whiting, but in a go slow zone area when you have people who think it means got to be on the plane, moving to restart their drift or relocate to another spot, it certainly wouldn't have helped when you are fishing 10-15ft of water

cheers
    Robin

Re: fisherman's gutter

just had a live report from the sandhills from mate over there, plenty of whiting but very poor quality

Still not good Robin. Not worth the drive to Sandhill.

i got 3 nice flathead on saturday and 2 more yest.

My neighbor and i got our limit on Saturday at the fishermens gutter along with most other boats there. Size varied, we drifted until we found good size ones and then just drifted that spot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

[QUOTE=tropicrows;1632567]My neighbor and i got our limit on Saturday at the fishermens gutter along with most other boats there. Size varied, we drifted until we found good size ones and then just drifted that spot.

there were about 16 boats there yesterday, and all very quiet fishing wise, but with about half the boats zooming around on the plane when relocating one cannot expect to get many in my opinion....I know mate that got their 150 last wed, that's why I went there yesterday

2 of us bagged out there Sunday

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

Try using cow or ox heart cut into thin strips ,you can buy it from woolworths.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

I have tried that. Still think squid strips the best

We got 90 from a different area on Sunday last. Banana prawns beat the other baits hands down. We had squid and salted and metho beach worms. The worms caught plenty but the prawns were smashed as soon as they hit the bottom.