Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishing shows

fishing shows

Would be great to watch a fishing show that teaches the ordinary bloke to catch fish..ie: rigs , bait , tides ,moon etc. I get sick of seeing the shows that have the 7m plate boat with twin 250s and the guys throwing $30 lures from $200 rods with $500 reels in places most of us will never go...just would like to see normal blokes on a day out for a change with JW rod/reel and a packet of squid fishing a reef off the east coast..

Re: fishing shows

I know what you mean mate there were a few shows on years ago that actually showed you rigs, bait/lures and techniques but it's all about posers now days.

I agree with your sentiments about too much fancy gear and not enough basic fishing skills, but I guess that's how the shows fund the process.
    I'd also like the fishing shows to promote more boating skills as well.
    As you say about tides, weather and moon cycles etc, it would be good to have displays of boating techniques, laws, rules and etiquette.
    I understand that some laws and rules vary from state to state but I think there's a real market for a fishing show that is also boating and or land based.
    So much material to cover.
    I know I've got a lot to learn

Sent using Tapatalk

In saying the above, I think the best show I enjoy is Lee Rayners show, he does cover what I mentioned but I've seen them all now and would like some new shows.

Sent using Tapatalk

I disagree.
    I want to see the "dream" fishing.
    i want to spend the next hour after the show on you tube a google thinking how great would that be...

And let's face it, dreams are free.

I reckon Big Angry Fish comes close but you're right, the gear they have is expensive and the cost of a days fishing on some of these shows you need a second mortgage!

I know it's only youtube, but still, if we're talking dreams and all, this one ain't bad:

If these shows went back to using cheap basic gear and only fishing in everyday areas that are flogged out, people would probably jump on here and social media and have a whinge that the shows are as boring as bat shit.
    I think it is good to see these remote areas and what they can produce.

Can't think of one fishing show I watch these days, they are all just one big add, with a "celebrity" talking head that is irritating to listen to, dozens of more worthwhile shows on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Can't think of one fishing show I watch these days, they are all just one big add, with a "celebrity" talking head that is irritating to listen to, dozens of more worthwhile shows on TV.
    That's why i tape them all & use the fast forward button a lot.

Michael guests (might of been fishing the edge ) first season of episodes were quite good and showed rigs etc without all the sponsor promotion and as stated if they start showing stuff that you already know it runs the risk of being boring and would soon lose its appeal to most people once they have learnt the basics.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

+1 for Lee Rayners show - probably the best one out there

At the opposite end of the scale - iFish - probably the worst fishing show ever

The Ultimate Fishing Show with Matt Watson is a good one to watch.

Big angry fish is great (NZ though) also really enjoy hook line n sinker.
    They do advertise a bit, but not too bad, and really enjoy the banter.
    At least with those 2 shows i dont feel like they're selling stuff every 2 seconds......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Ausfish mobile app

Triple...your definitely right mate...could be boring doing same old same old stuff..but would be good if shown the leader length and breaking strain etc and a close up of the lures used...trolling speed and distance from the boat or depth fished for different species...I like to learn...most times just get a glimpse ...then an ad! or worse ...a giggle from the angler...sometimes they squeal like a school kid catching his first fish...ha ha