Thread: Mud dud

Mud dud

Had a rough trip from Clontarf to Mud this morning. Couple undersize snapper. Tried few different spots, but not a hot.
    Then tried for some whiting near Compas bouy, and nothing.

As a last resort, threw few plastics in pine river are for 3 keeper flathead. As soon as high tide came the bite stopped. I like fishing for flattie on last 2 hours of incoming tide.
    Just a bit late getting there today.
    At least a feed

Re: Mud dud

Hi Seahorse, my last 5 trips to Mud island have yielded not a thing, I don't know why but for me the last 2 years the place has been a desert, not a patch on what it was 10 years ago..

Well done with the flathead Greg, and good to hear your happy with the new boat.

Yeah scott. Nice to get back on the water. Mate i love the new boat.

Hows ur fishing going?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Hi Seahorse, my last 5 trips to Mud island have yielded not a thing, I don't know why but for me the last 2 years the place has been a desert, not a patch on what it was 10 years ago..
    Alleycat, Scarby reef is the same. We used to catch at least a fish a drift there 10 years ago. Cod, big bream, flounder, sweetlip, grunter, flathead, tailor and of course snapper (81 cm PB). Always some sort of action. Now more likely to doughnut, sometimes without a touch all day. Have given up on it. Looking across the bay these days...

Therapy...

That's good Greg. I,m still really happy with my boat too and it's 8 years old next month. Did my first trip in 6 months in early May and even though we were only catching small bream and squire it was great to be out on the water. My new crab n gear pots caught a couple of sandies too.

At least on the water scott.
    Therapy, i need some new grounds as well. I was going to head a bit wider as well. Just have to have a look around. Must be some ground out there somewhere.
    Isnt there a couple of barges in northern bay?

We are looking along the edges of some of the shipping channels. Use your contour maps and sound around. Find some bait, find some fish. Went out Saturday arvo a bit later than planned. Anchored around dead low. 45 cm snap first drop. My mate got a few just unders then the current started and the bites stopped. Will go back on smaller tides just the weather was so good.
    I haven't fished any barges and don't have the marks for them. Someone on here will no doubt.
    Therapy...

Therapy
    u fish livies or bait or plastics.

A bit of everything. Livies if we get them and that was the plan Saturday but too late getting out there. Got the Snapper on a gar fillet on slack water fishing straight up and down which did not last long. I have fished mostly plastics for the last 15 years but bait still has its place, particularly at night. Too many days throwing plastics around Scarby for not a touch so a bit over them at the moment.

Therapy..