Thread: Sanctuary Cove Boat Show 2017

Sanctuary Cove Boat Show 2017

With the Boat show starting today and me being in the market for a Quintrex Bowrider, am I wasting my time by going to the show this year. Being from the country, and never having been to this boat show, I'm worried I'll be wasting my time as I presume this boat show is more of the highend boats, yachts etc. Anyone with previous experience? I've looked up the exhibitor list but being from Toowoomba don't recognize any business names. Any suggestions?

Re: Sanctuary Cove Boat Show 2017

G'day Larry,
    I have never been there but I've been told by my boat manufacturer ( he's not going) because as you suggested in your OP, that yes that boat show is aimed at bigger/upmarket yachts.
    That's not to say that some typical fishing boat manufacturers won't go, they might, but the full range of manufacturers won't be there.
    So I'm told.

Sent using Tapatalk

Yes mainly "High end" boats at this show but I'm still going as it sure as hell beats being in the office....

Sanctuary Cove Boat Show 2017

I arrived late yesterday arvo and had a quick walk around at closing time. Was not looking for Quintrexs but thought I may have seen some in the distance. Will let you know later today

Edit: just had an early morning walk around & yes there are Quintrex and YF boat's here but all fishing boats, no bowriders.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

And when the hell could a Quintrex cost $97k

Was thinking of going tomorrow to see if i can get some cheaper than store electronic goodies, do they have much of a show discount? Has anyone noticed the prices for plotters or fish finders?

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Real lack of show specials, not the right show for that. Was asking some of the reps from furuno about it and they said not much "selling" goes on at this show but I could try barter with the outlets.... Boating RV had a store but didn't notice many show specials, turtlepac would only offer 10% off normal retail....

good show how all the same, good atmosphere with all the bars and cafes open, music playing etc, lots to look at and make you feel sad you didn't win lotto! A few trailer boats, lots of yank import centre consoles, one small tackle shop....but if you are looking for bargains not the right show.

Whitworths don't go to any shows and just give 15%off all stock in stores while the shows are on for "Personal Shoppers Only"
    Sounds like you can get a better deal with them for a range of boating gear and they don't charge you to get in!

Dirtyfuzz if one knew where you were located one could suggest other options.............

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Whitworths don't go to any shows and just give 15%off all stock in stores while the shows are on for "Personal Shoppers Only"
    Sounds like you can get a better deal with them for a range of boating gear and they don't charge you to get in!

Dirtyfuzz if one knew where you were located one could suggest other options.............

Cheers
    Chimo
    Cheers mate thought I put in my personals, Sunshine Coast

Mooloolaba Whitworths had 15% off to co-inside with Sanctuary Cove Int Boat Show.

If you get on to their mailing list you will get the dogalog and the notice of discount flyer in your mail.

I guess you missed it so get it next boat show which ever one is next up.
    AF also have a member ie Gary (Spaniard King) who could probably fix you up (Garmin) and he is sort of local to you.

Member Control Panel has lots of options too for your details etc if that helps.
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post

Cheers
    Chimo
    In Buddina it's a Shame they are about as useful as tits on a bull unless you want to just go in purchase then leave with no questions