Thread: Noosa Canals Fishing

Noosa Canals Fishing

Looking at renting a house on the canals up there and wondering if there are fish in the Noosa Waters canals, given the pump and loch system ? I wouldn't expect to bag out, but would be nice to sit on my own jetty with a beer and have the hope of catching something worthwhile watching the sun go down. Maybe Noosa Sound canals would be better because they have an open connection to the river ? Anyone in the know ?
    Cheers

Re: Noosa Canals Fishing

Better off on the sound. You could fish foe bullsharks in Noosa Waters though if you wanted to, there are quite a few trapped in them apparently.
    Cheers

Yeah I heard about the bull sharks. They must eat something tho?
    Anyways, appreciate the feedback.

If the canals are open to the river, you should do alright. We are about 30kms south on an almost landlocked lake and have caught or seen squid, prawns, sand and mud crabs, bream, tarpon, mangrove jack, GT, moses perch, sting rays, mullet, garfish and flathead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremic View Post
    If the canals are open to the river, you should do alright. We are about 30kms south on an almost landlocked lake and have caught or seen squid, prawns, sand and mud crabs, bream, tarpon, mangrove jack, GT, moses perch, sting rays, mullet, garfish and flathead.
    Currimundi?

Cuzza