Thread: Yamaha F60 dramas.

Yamaha F60 dramas.

Hey.
    My daughter is a navy cadet and i was asked to take a look at their boat which hasn't worked in the 3 years shes been here.
    Taking a look at it, i don't really want to do too much. Not familiar with newer 4 strokes.....
    It has done hardly any work, been sitting.
    Another bloke took a look and reckons number 3 carby is gummed up and holding the float open.
    I will recommend getting someone to service it.
    Doubt it will need a full service. Oil is brand new. Filters are new.
    Is there anyone on here that could take a look and get it running right? And an idea how much? I'll take it to them and get it done.
    Off compliance the model is F60AEHT.
    ID number is 1007482 (if that can get a year model etc)
    Cheers Glen

Sent from my SM-G930F using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Yamaha F60 dramas.

Oh. At clontarf. Mobile guy would be better. But trailer has a number plate. Assuming its regod. I could bring to you.....

A couple of simple things to check over. The F60 carby models are finicky for perfect fuel conditions. The carby fuel cavities are tiny and it only takes a minuscule particle to clog it up.

All fuel lines should be replaced or at least taken off and flushed. They often perish and the rubber creates little balls that go straight into the motor. Replace or install the water separator filter under the cowling. And also the boat mounted filter system. 5 micron.

The carby needle and seat could be seized from a little moisture in the bowl. Corrosion between the brass and aluminium.
    A little fuel doctor treatment in the tank can help to remove the moisture droplets. But fresh fuel is best.

Otherwise it's a fairly simple fuel system that can be cleaned by yourself. Shouldn't take much to get it running sweet again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damo's dodgy boat repairs.
    1993 bermuda by Haines 530f - completed resto.
    1976 cruisecraft rogue 14 - estuary weapon.
    1984 vickers easyrider 156 - future project.

1) I know SFA about your motor but it's still only a motor.
    2) One carby flooding shouldn't stop it from starting.
    3) Get a second opinion.

Cheers.
    I spoke to a bloke at Bris Yamaha to see how much for them to do it.
    He said to put some fresh fuel in and take it for a run. Give it some stick and see if it comes good.......
    Might give this a try tomorrow

It will need a carby clean, take it to Aqua mobile Marine. Its not a mobile job to do it properly
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

A good run seems to have done the job.
    Fuel poured out of the carby when i started it, but reved it a bit and the fuel stopped.
    Took it to the ramp and launched it. Quick run up the pine river, 20km or so round trip, a few stops to check no leaks and she seems good to go.
    It did cavitate and lose pretty much all drive in turns though. Motor looks to be a good height....
    It has a prop guard on it which i reckon could be the cause. Wouldnt mind ripping it off and having another go......