Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seafarer Viking vs Ventura (5.2M)

Re: Seafarer Viking vs Ventura (5.2M)

I'm running what you would call a traditional canopy with the zippered roll up sun roof.
    99% of the time it's open as I only close it when it rains.
    I unzip & unclip the front of the side curtains & fold back to open the side windows and often run with the front hatch open on hot days.
    I'm more of a sit down driver now days, did all my white knuckle stuff Years ago.

Give me a tell if you have any questions or need a pic of something for comparison.
    BTW, only because it's proven I'd be looking for equivalent of OMC V4 with NO POD.

Edit: Yeah dashboard real estate is a bit limited, fortunately I don't use sounders & plotters for big screen entertainment.

get a quote on a new bimini with a frame high enough to stand under
    then add a clear in front
    rowland street boat trimmers did mine 18 years ago still in excellent condition
    makes it a much more comfortable boat
    my front clear zips full length to allow fresh air when needed
    cheers brian

pm'd you fed 👍 Thanks for the replies guys, this rig already has a stainless bimini installed, would just need to get some clears made up

They are a great little boat. Dont have the over the top name or price tag of a HH V17 but are probably just as capable.

Re clears, personally I wouldnt bother. They end up not used 95% of the time and the time. A spray jacket and sunnies seems to do the trick - end of the day your on a boat getting a bit wet is half the joy.

Thanks for all your advice, picked the boat up today. Needs a good rewire and cleaning up but all in all, great rig. Had the boat inspected and got a clean bill
    Of health (though I did find some wet gunky ply near the bung when I unscrewed it, doesn't seem to be wide spread though. I'll say 1 thing, with a 175 she flys!