Thread: Fraser Last Week

Fraser Last Week

G'day all, got back from fraser on Friday, went up the Friday prior. Standard crew of 6 and 3 boats. Got 6 out of 6 days on the water, 3 glass outs, one a bit sloppy and 2 rough ones. Fishing was off the pace a bit overall but probably a function of us being on the back of the full running into the neaps I think. Got a couple of reds, RT's were there but not going that hard and the obligatory tuskies were going ok. Few coronation, jobs and cod etc also. Only got one Spaniard for the week and a couple of bite-offs which was abnormal as we usually do really well on Spaniards up there late may. Gutter was epic, probably one of the best I have seen in the 10 years we have doing this trip. Passed a heap of boats going up as we came down, would be interesting to hear how they go. Fished Sandy Cape to the Maheno as per usual and got fish everywhere. All in all a good week. Haven't got the pics of the phone as yet, will add them if a remember.

Scott

Re: Fraser Last Week

Hey Scott.
    Great read.
    We used to tow the boats up there twice a year, but since we have gotten into bigger boats, we have been doing more bunker/Capricorn trips. But I think I will be trying harder to get back there. probably still my favourite place..

the nice deep deep gutter sounds great.

cheers,
    Rob