Thread: Furuno 627 sounder.

Furuno 627 sounder.

Been having a few issues with my 627 sounder and I'm trying to eliminate what it is not the problem. Have talked to trymax and a few other knowledgeable people but still have not found the issue.

Does anyone have a p66 transducer for a furuno lying around or a 627 head unit i could borrow for a day.
    Im in the redlands but willing to travel.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Re: Furuno 627 sounder.

What's the problem?

Its has started losing the bottom intermittently

Sent from my SM-G930F using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Mine used to do that to so did a mates, never got to the bottom of it.

Only happen when mobile or stationary as well ? Only happens when it choppy or sea conditions have no effect ? What is disappearing - just the digital or the actual echo image too? Anyone been playing with settings? Have you noticed a need to run a higher gain setting at all or changes in things like clutter etc ? Happens in both manual and auto ? Have you tried a master reset? Any other recent additions to the hull or weight distribution - even down to scratches forward of the transducer ?

Intermittent faults are joyous bloody things.

Been working fine for years, only started playing recently. Only plays up when under way and sea conditions make no difference. I lose the echo or depth or both sometimes. Fault is intermittent, played up all day last week while fishing but was fine when travelling home

Could be the transducer itself? My TM260 died a few years ago in the middle of a trip off Moreton. Just started to lose bottom in 75M & then got worse over the day. Trymax tested the 585 head & the 260. Head was OK, ducer was shot.
    New ducer purchsed & all was good.
    ROLL TIDE, ROLL.................

Regards,
    Peter

Hence my post asking anybody if I could borrow a head unit or tranie for a day.

Have got a transom mount I can make work but not a p66 housing if you can't find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Mine used to do that to so did a mates, never got to the bottom of it.
    Hahahahahahaha...