Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retired fishermen

Retired fishermen

I was just wondering how many fisherman we have who are retired and most times go out by themselves because they may not have anyone to go with them during the week.

Well thats me.

Is there any one in the Woody point/ Margate/ Clontarf/ Redcliffe are in a similar situation.

If anyone interested in making up a list, send me a PM with details and see if we can get together.

A lot of the times i never went because does get bit boring by urself.

Anyway lets see what happens

cheers
    greg

Re: Retired fishermen

A lot of guys who work week on week off ( that's me') in the same boat- pun intended

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Greg
    i'm retired but going out on your own does have it's advantages as in if you end up having more to drink night before, you just don't go
    and I prefer not to have to wait till designated times for mate to arrive, if I am up and ready I like to just go and if the fishing is quiet I come home, but with some-one else on board I feel obligated to stay out there hoping to get him a feed
    so I probably do about 50/50, go alone and take some-one out

with not being out since January due to holiday then op I am looking forward to getting out during the week in the coming months

cheers
    Robin

Not many retired fisherman here robin

Yeah I agree Greg , but going on your own does have its advantages...finding a suitable fishing mate is hard...someone that has his/her own gear , bait etc and is reliable and tidy in the boat is scarce...Rob

Iam hit the same but hey just have to lay down the rules.

Yep, same problem here on the sunny coast, when weather is great everyone is working but when available the weather turns to the worse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Yep, same problem here on the sunny coast, when weather is great everyone is working but when available the weather turns to the worse.
    One day Sam, one day

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    One day Sam, one day
    Hahhahahaha,
    Yes, one day I also hope to have that problem

Hey guys it is a massive problem that needs addressing, you retire and think your time is your own but it isn't, it is still regulated by others, those that should be able to fish at the drop of a hat are now baby sitters "sorry looking after grand kids Tues, Wed and Thurs", but this is when the weather is best I say 😨😨😨😨😨

Yep can happen that way but iam not letting that happen. I can be ready in pretty quick time. Fishing now first, everything else come 2nd.

I have the same problem on the Sunny Coast. Might have to chat with Dignity sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    I have the same problem on the Sunny Coast. Might have to chat with Dignity sometime.
    Seems to be a common problem, just spent a couple of days with Moejoes who was struggling to get a crew, had a great time with some really great weather thrown in.

Not just a problem with the retired. Extends to all types / ages.
    Everyone wants to come but when it comes to crunch time they are all going to weddings, birthdays or have something else on
    Was good to have you onboard Dignity.
    You pull you weight that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Not just a problem with the retired. Extends to all types / ages.
    Everyone wants to come but when it comes to crunch time they are all going to weddings, birthdays or have something else on
    Was good to have you onboard Dignity.
    You pull you weight that's for sure.
    Or there smokers
    NOW I,AM GUNNA EATCHA