Thread: Video Editing Software 2017

Ausfish Bronze Member Stressless's Avatar

Video Editing Software 2017

Been using QuickTime pro since 2012, but for some reason it no longer opens.

Apple also no longer supports QT Pro for Windows.

I've downloaded Black Magic DaVinci Resolve 14, but a bit overkill for my needs.

I've done a search here, but the most recent post was in 2015, so just wondering what video software peoples are using these days

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Video Editing Software 2017

I was using the free Gopro Studio program, for both video and timelapse editing, very simple to use but I found it a a bit buggy, even with a faster i7 windows machine. Had also used the old Windows Movie Maker. So I went to Adobe Premiere Elements, been very good so far. But, of course, this is all on Windows machines.
    I intend shooting some fishing Gopro footage tomorrow in Protune, will see how that works out for editing on Premiere.

Do you have apple computer, if so you should give the standard apple movie software a go. I found it works well and is easy for the basic stuff I have done.

Ausfish Bronze Member Stressless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sam687 View Post
    Do you have apple computer, if so you should give the standard apple movie software a go. I found it works well and is easy for the basic stuff I have done.
    No, Windows.

I've downloaded trials of Movavi 16, and Movavi 17, both seem OK, but have limited capability being trials

Have a look at Adobe Premiere Elements which is often packaged with Photoshop Elements as a double deal. Both are cut-down versions of the full noise programs, however, both will satisfy 95 percent of needs. Certainly good enough for television production.