Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moreton bay reefs

Re: Moreton bay reefs

Ausfish is not the same anymore. Times have changed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I like Ausfish. If I didn't like it I'd probably not visit or post.

But then I do have a positive demeanour!

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post

Yeah ots it's a shame tropic.
    U use to be able to ask a question, get an answer back real quick, and have a joke or 2.

Now u look at it and threads are few and far between. Fishing report very rare.

Not worth asking advice anymore , just smart answers.

Real shame. It was the best site around

Well lets look how all that panned out shall we...

Post #1 questions asked
    Post # 2 question answered
    Post #3 another question answered and also a bit of a comment on how people fish that location as a heads up
    Post #4 OK no drama
    post #5 Bit more info on why not to sound over that area when other people fishing it,pretty inocuous comment really
    post 6# well it went down hill from there buddy, that's when people got irked...

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post

Yeah ots it's a shame tropic.
    U use to be able to ask a question, get an answer back real quick, and have a joke or 2.

Now u look at it and threads are few and far between. Fishing report very rare.

Not worth asking advice anymore , just smart answers.

Real shame. It was the best site around

Greg, you asked a question and got numerous answers..

Nothing in my posts were intended to be smart or to have a dig and I was actually trying to help you understand a situation you were going to put yourself in..

When you quoted your "right to sound an area" I thought I would try and explain why some people might get upset by this if they are there fishing there at said time and are floating back to the structure you want to sound that was all!

This site is still good, people have just become to critical of people's opinions if they don't like what someone else thinks or says.....it is a public forum after all!

Thicker skin is all that is required and take away or perceive it whichever way you choose but no need to get upset or offended.

No worries Watto

As i said , i have been on this site since 2005 and have met lots of people.

Mate iam an extremely considerate fisherman.

I just seem to see more smart answers on here when questions are asked, aout fishing, boating, motors.

U shouldnt need a thicker skin, just get the right answers in the first place.

I jut dont have time for smart arses.

Now to try and find some fish

Cheers

All good Greg, unfortunately there will always be smart arses you just have to disregard it and move on!

With the bay, think outside the square, spend lots of time reading articles from bush and beach, fishing monthly on the type of fish/area you want to target and apply those techniques and you will come up trumps!

If you are going to fish any of the known spots you will have to work hard unfortunately or fish them when most others won't or can't, when people are sleeping, rough weather etc!

Plenty of fish out there mate, start in the bay until you build your confidence levels then venture offshore.

Good luck..

Cheers Watto

Interesting. I have noticed very little banter anymore even in the Boating Chat. What happened and where has everyone gone?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Curious question about why there aren't as many posts hey? Greg I've been around for eons, and I do remember many heated threads that the mods had to get in and remove sections, modify comments and ban people. I was in the middle of a few, walked into a few hornets nests which I think came partly as a result of my inexperience which I have never been too proud to show. Good examples are not knowing enough about packing trailer bearings, taking giant herring home to find out they were crap on the table, and didn't Finga try slay me for helping my brother take a smaller tinny out on a less than perfect day. But we are still here, become much wiser over the years, different opinions and wise arse comments will always be available on tap. What has changed is fishing. Anyone bagged out at Wello lately? As an example, who would have believed that spot would be as barren as it is these days? We used to post unashamedly of our success, and as a result hoards moved in directly as a result of information posted on here. I was one! So we have all learned to be a lot more discreet, the fish are way less abundant, and a quick use of the search bar will show there are very few topics that have not been covered before on this site. Many are still around, just not as often, and my bragging days are few and far between, good trips don't happen anywhere near as often.

Good luck getting away from bread and butter species, I bought the Yalta 555hc to be able to do that, but be prepared for much higher fuel costs and getting a crack at the big boys is so hard to get right, the weather and conditions test your patience, don't get frustrated if the predictions turn to mush, save the fuel for good days and do more homework.

Cheers!

Scalem

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Ausfish mobile app

I wonder too if we are all just busy. I know that I and a lot of my mates don't get out as much so less to talk about with boats, trailers, tackle, fish etc.

Cheers

Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    I wonder too if we are all just busy. I know that I and a lot of my mates don't get out as much so less to talk about with boats, trailers, tackle, fish etc.

Cheers

That too. I wonder if we took a pol of how many of us get the boat out as often as we did 5/10 years ago and are we much busier these days? Do we have as much disposable income to fuel the boat and buy stuff? I'm not making half as many jigheads as I used to, I am sure the late Dayoo would be saying the same. R.I.P ol' mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    That too. I wonder if we took a pol of how many of us get the boat out as often as we did 5/10 years ago and are we much busier these days? Do we have as much disposable income to fuel the boat and buy stuff? I'm not making half as many jigheads as I used to, I am sure the late Dayoo would be saying the same. R.I.P ol' mate!

I know in my case we used to be out every weekend 10 yr ago as you know but now I work direct for a builder time is not so free and working harder to get to that retirement which is only 6 yr away now so it's head down ass up . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Yeah i know what u are saying makes sense.

Well iam going out in morning to chase a snapper or 3 then fish the last 2 hts of run in for some flathead