Thread: Which Towing Mirrors?

Which Towing Mirrors?

Hi all,

Brand new to boating and struggling to see the boat ramp edges when backing my boat trailer at the ramp sometimes so wondering if someone can recommend a good set of towing mirrors for my 2015 Subaru Outback. Not looking to spend a fortune on these, so hoping some good cheap after market ones exist?

Thanks.

Re: Which Towing Mirrors?

If you're talking about when the trailer is on the ramp & the car is on the flat then mirrors won't help you mate.
    You'll get it after using the boat for a while just take it slow & easy, if solo you may even have to get out & have a look.

Hey thanks Fed. Yea i found that some ramps dont have much runway so you cant drive forward to straighten the trailer making it easy to back it in. This obviously means bigger turns are needed to get the trailer aligned with the ramp and thought the mirrors might help me see the sides of the ramp a little better? I guess not?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Ausfish mobile app

I understand your issue mercthunder. I agree with Fed, just take it slow and steady and over time and with practise you will know where you trailer is if it goes out of sight for a short time. As stated - if not sure and concerned, get out and look.

Good luck and be assured over time and with practise you WILL get better and become more confident

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Repco used to sell reverse camera systems for $50 which were easy to self install, might help.