Thread: The rous today

The rous today

Fished rous today, arriving at 8am and pulling up lines at 11.
    Not a single whiting . Lots, grinners, toads and small flatties.

Took 90mins from woody point due to the really bad fog. Worst i had ever seen on the water. Could not see 20 ft in front. Very scary stuff. Ended up woth a dpzen whiting at the compas bouy on way home.

New boat was fantastic. Plenty room, great layput and the 75hp 4 stroke merc was outstanding.

Ended up doing apprpx 60 klm today in boat, maybe a bit more.

Motor used 28 lit fuel, travelling between 40 and 50 kph which was around that 4000 rpm with a few 60 kph bursts thrown in.

Out tomorrow to try Mud. Any reports?

cheers
    greg

Re: The rous today

Got 72 up there yesterday. Took a while to find them though. Are you sure those fuel figures are correct. We did similar km yeterday in a 6m plate boat with a 175hp for 32 litres????

Sounds like my last trip to the Rous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are the whiting.?
    U could always be guarenteed afeed from rous.
    Comp bouy area is the same.
    any reports from sandhills.?

A few weeks back the reports from the Sandhills were the same not much around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Fished rous today, arriving at 8am and pulling up lines at 11.
    Not a single whiting . Lots, grinners, toads and small flatties.

Took 90mins from woody point due to the really bad fog. Worst i had ever seen on the water. Could not see 20 ft in front. Very scary stuff. Ended up woth a dpzen whiting at the compas bouy on way home.

New boat was fantastic. Plenty room, great layput and the 75hp 4 stroke merc was outstanding.

Ended up doing apprpx 60 klm today in boat, maybe a bit more.

Motor used 28 lit fuel, travelling between 40 and 50 kph which was around that 4000 rpm with a few 60 kph bursts thrown in.

Out tomorrow to try Mud. Any reports?

cheers
    greg
    Hey Greg! long time no see Good to see you are getting out and wetting a line! I have not been on Ausfish for years!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serenity!

Hi there Swabio
    yeah mate, i havnt been fishing now for about 9 months, got withdrawal and bought another boat.

I only just started back on Ausfish.

Certainly has changed. Nobody talks much about fishing. Not like the old days.

How u been? Doing much fishing?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Hi there Swabio
    yeah mate, i havnt been fishing now for about 9 months, got withdrawal and bought another boat.

I only just started back on Ausfish.

Certainly has changed. Nobody talks much about fishing. Not like the old days.

How u been? Doing much fishing?

cheers
    Mate, I am over in Perth these days.... getting a bit of LB fishing done.... but nowhere near as much as I'd like!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serenity!