Thread: Insurance price check

Insurance price check

NRMA just increased my premium by $120 pa and lowered my agreed value by $3120 as a reward for my 8 years of loyaly no claim ever.....

What are people paying for comprehensive boat insurance for ~$75K replacement value $200 excess? (New quote from NRMA $1200.00 pa)

Its not so much the cost just the principle..."For your loyalty and no claim history we are proud to offer you a more expensive policy with reduced coverage"

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: Insurance price check

me and me girl just had racq up the premium and reduce the amount payable again as they have for the last 5 years and shes been with em 10 years rating 1 for more then 10 years and never made a claim as you have experienced, its for a car and not as much but as you said we changed just on principal. i wish 1 million people done it and then they may listin to customer loyalty... it really erked me to bro.. we got a good deal and great easy quick as customer servie with aami bro, as the commercial says (not very insurancy) as they were nice.. shop around bro if you can dont take it..
    ill be somewhere up the creek, happy trails..

G'day
    Just checked mine, Club Marine, $98k insured value, $500 excess, $900 per year.
    Cheers
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Crusader View Post
    G'day
    Just checked mine, Club Marine, $98k insured value, $500 excess, $900 per year.
    Cheers
    Rod
    Mixed reviews for CM, people either love them or hate them!

Ausfish Bronze Member Red October's Avatar

I pay about $750 for 75K cover on a alloy boat with Club Marine.

Mines pretty much the same as Red October above. Same cover, same premium.
    I had to use the cover only after a few months for an emergency tow for the boat and trailer and it was all done at no cost to me i.e. No excess because there's a free emergency tow each year. So I'm a happy CM customer.

Sent using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Mixed reviews for CM, people either love them or hate them!
    I haven't ever claimed so hard to know. Might check out RAA here in SA, they are usually good and we have all our other insurance with them.
    Cheers
    Rod

I'm with NMRA and have been for years, every year though, what I do is get a couple of quotes from other insurance companies. When they try and up the premium, I quote what the others have given me if their cheaper and they go and check with their supervisor and I am still with them. I have had a claim with them and the whole claim process was straight forward, painless and fast on approval/repairs.. I have kept my rating one as well.

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk

I had recent issues with house insurance with similar outcomes. Rang them and got the usual runaround, so decided to write an email and enquired why the 15% increase. I worked out my previous policy based on $/$1000 of value (helps keep it in context) and compared it to new ratws and I got an email back of about 100 lines of which the first 98 was the spiel by the phone operator, the last 2 lines were, in view of being valued customer blah, blah, blah, I got reduction back to where I thought it should be.
    2 weeks later get my car insurance, similar increase, ran them and surprise, surprise, I got a reduction very quickly.

Moral. Ring, then followup in writing. Crunchy pm me and I'll show you how to work it out.

Both Yamaha and CM quoted me about $550 each on $50k cover. $500 excess. Yamaha were $650 on $200 excess.
    I am the biggest insurance jumper arounder out there. I hate them and the fact the put the prices up each year when I haven't ever made a claim.
    Last year on one of my cars I rang up the current insurer to ask why my online quote was several hundered cheaper than my renewal for the exact same cover only to be told that they didn't like it when people dropped an existing policy to take up an online one as it didn't show loyalty to the insurer..........I wish I recorded that conversation...............

Insurance is not what it used to be. Loyalty is a dirty word. I had all policies with Suncorp for twenty years { house, boat cars and trailer} with only one minor house claim.
    Then motors on house air con burnt out claim for three grand paid ,next year cost of policy went up 250 per cent. I think what we have to do now is ring companies like { I select etc} and get the best deal possible. Any insurance renewal I get ( health car boat) I ring one of these companies first and usually pay less than the previous year especialy phone and internet. Loyalty works both ways.

Just insured with NRMA this week, $55K agreed value, $3K extras, $500 excess = $550 / annum. Have several policies and been with them 10 years, no claim bonus also applied. Best I could find by approx $100 - $150 out of three quotes

Cheers Adam