Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repowering my tinny - f40 yammy vs bf40a Honda

Re: Repowering my tinny - f40 yammy vs bf40a Honda

If you are in Brisbane I have a 40hp Suzuki 2016 model that I would probably sell if you were interested just doesn't get used only reason for selling it. As might just put a 30hp Yamaha back on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Yeah I think my biggest concern is how much the extra power of the Suzuki is gonna change the attitude of the boat plus that bit of extra weight too, how many hours are on the Suzuki you're selling and how much are you after for it?I think I've definitely narrowed it down to the Honda and the suzi, Honda comes in at just under 7k and the Suzuki is 8.5k... decisions

Ausfish Silver Member

well if the power is your main last decisive factor, then how much weight you will carry is very important.. if your gonna load it up now and then with camp gear water fuel tanks etc then the suzuki may be the 1 for you.. if you want the less weight and price and dont need extra torque then maybe the honda, and there all 40hp so you may not notice but let me know how you go..

Quote Originally Posted by Sean32 View Post
    Yeah I think my biggest concern is how much the extra power of the Suzuki is gonna change the attitude of the boat plus that bit of extra weight too, how many hours are on the Suzuki you're selling and how much are you after for it?I think I've definitely narrowed it down to the Honda and the suzi, Honda comes in at just under 7k and the Suzuki is 8.5k... decisions
    ill be somewhere up the creek, happy trails..

Honda is releasing is new 40/50 at the Melbourne boat show so they are running out their current stock, you will never buy a Honda 40 cheaper than now!!!

Don't expect the new model to be competitive with other brands when it comes out as it will be as usual a market leader.
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

If the Suzuki is that much dearer than the Honda, I wouldn't even consider it, 7 year warranty, cheaper, great power, no thinking needed on that one, Honda! just one thing, I have mentioned this before and got roasted for it, but, the Yamaha has probably the worst tiller setup you could imagine, it would be OK if you are seated well in front, but, if you have a standard cross seat like most tinies, the centre mounted tiller is a pain to use because there is no real offset to sit to one side.

Ausfish Silver Member

i agree with noelm again and think the honda may be the go, considering the price difference and as spaniard says and if it is so and honda is reducing a run out model, then the honda is sounding better and the honda will have plenty of stick and not gonna be much weaker then the suzy.. so if price and weight are your main concerns and with the 7 year waranty, im thinking the hondas looking good bro, and they are a good donk...

I think you guys may have just made my mind up! I was wondering why the Honda price was so low compared to the rest! Does anyone know what changes Honda are making to the new one that's yet to be released?

Ausfish Silver Member

we can suggest bro but its up to you, its your cash and motor you are shelling out good cash for i cant answer what changes honda will make but theres a new model every so often and the current engines are all that good these days i cant see any changes making it magically better and if you can get one cheap on run out im sure being a good brand like honda it will go hard its all up to what you want to spend bro let us know what u get and update us after youve had its first test run and tell us if it is all good..

I think you guys may have just made my mind up! I was wondering why the Honda price was so low compared to the rest! Does anyone know what changes Honda are making to the new one that's yet to be released?

https://www.ssmarine.com.au/ Give this guy a call I am sure he will explain all and he's a member here on this site ,I am sure he will give you a great deal . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

if the trim button is your only concern just get a remote button fitted to the gunnel somewhere near where your right hand sits
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Hey guys, update on the post. Got a 40hp Suzuki fitted on the weekend, got a really good price through a good mate that works at Australian Marine Centre in brissy, couldn't turn it down. Taking it for its first run this Sunday! Looks awesome on the back of the tinny can't wait to get it on the water.
    just a quick question for you guys, when re powering do you need to update the boat info with TMR because you've changed the engine?

Cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard_King View Post
    Honda is releasing is new 40/50 at the Melbourne boat show so they are running out their current stock, you will never buy a Honda 40 cheaper than now!!!

Don't expect the new model to be competitive with other brands when it comes out as it will be as usual a market leader.
    any news on the new 40 /50 Gary?
    Cheers

Steven

To my knowledge the Honda is the same as the previous model just with a new tiller arm that'll be the same as the one on the 60 and the normal retail is around the 8k

Quote Originally Posted by StevenM View Post
    any news on the new 40 /50 Gary?
    Hi Steven, The 40/50 has a new fresh water flushing port, new cowling design and soon to be released new tiler handle
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech