Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Trailer Guide Adjustments

Re: Trailer Guide Adjustments

I've adjusted the two new parallels, the bloody bolts that lock the parallels in position were not tight.
    Two bolts were firm ( nowhere near tight) and two were barely hand tight.
    So that explains why the trailer looked ok when I picked it up, and why the parallels dropped on my way home.
    Anyway it's all sorted now, I love a happy ending.
    Hopefully I never need to take it back again.
    And I got some Lanox and sprayed it with reckless abandon and a stupid grin on my head knowing I did the job myself, properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So do you have full suspension travel without hitting that bolt with the axle now? You really don't want to be transferring all that shock to the hull via the small contact patch of that set of rollers every time you hit a pot hole or speed bump.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Yes thanks Triple I think so ? guestamating there's at least 2"/50mm gap there now, I'm not sure if that directly relates to the travel but I'll have another look this arvo, I'm going to adjust the brakes today. There's a bit too much slop in the mechanism. So I'll check it out later.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...g=w500-h211-nc

[QUOTE=552Evo;1632611
    Yes, don't get me wrong for a soft touch, I am pissed off. But I've learned enough times in life to get things done properly, do it yourself and I also know not to waste my time arguing with people who you can tell are either not interested or get defensive and steer the problem off course.
    [/QUOTE]

I feel your pain mate. Have had similar issues with my new rig recently. Mat.

Quote Originally Posted by mace01 View Post
    I feel your pain mate. Have had similar issues with my new rig recently. Mat.
    Really Mat, that's interesting. Is it the same brand of trailer ?
    You had issues with the parallels or suspension or something else?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...g=w500-h211-nc

Quote Originally Posted by 552Evo View Post
    Really Mat, that's interesting. Is it the same brand of trailer ?
    You had issues with the parallels or suspension or something else?
    Not really just trailer issues, although yes, a few things were incorrect with the trailer (a dunbier). My troubles were really sloppy things that the dealer should've sorted out before delivery on both the boat and the trailer. Being two hours away from the dealer doesn't help when you need things fixed, so...you do them yourself. Mat.