Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat leaning

Ausfish Bronze Member

Re: Boat leaning

Mate I discovered this by accident. I was coming back in from a sesh n my 460 renegade side console solo and I notice she was sitting nice and level (for once) on the plane. When I put her on the trailer and drove her to the tap, i noticed my stingray hydrofoil had been snapped on passenger side. I left it for a bit until i took someone out next. Maybe you could replicate this with ally or something. I recommend not drilling into ur rig incase it doesn't work. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920I using Ausfish mobile app

Esky to opposite side, trim your motor properly and if still in doubt, trim tabs.

The battery isn't mounted on the console side of the boat is it ? Other than that shifting the esky around to balance out the boat is my suggestion. In my side console I have twin batteries mounted on the opposite side of the console and I am a reasonably light weight so it balances out nicely. Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

What about a live bait tank on the other side. Whether you have bait in there or not have it full of water to keep the boat level when travelling.

Take an esky with a couple bags of ice. As the ice melts replace it with equivalent weight of fish for the trip home!

Quote Originally Posted by PixieAU View Post
    Take an esky with a couple bags of ice. As the ice melts replace it with equivalent weight of fish for the trip home!
    BTW. When the ice melts the resultant water will weigh the same.......
    Adding fish will upset the trim you've so carefully engineered, this is why I never add fish to the esky. I tell myself this all the time.....

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish mobile app

The other good thing about this method is that the more ice you take out, the more fish you bring home.

Hahaha. Don't buy a side console! Biggest waste of space on a 15ft boat and it will ALWAYS lean to the drivers side.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Unicorn View Post
    Hahaha. Don't buy a side console! Biggest waste of space on a 15ft boat and it will ALWAYS lean to the drivers side.
    Rubbish ,there are PLENTY of positives with side consoles if they are erupt properly . Matt

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Rubbish ,there are PLENTY of positives with side consoles if they are erupt properly . Matt
    Name 5?????

there are positives if they erupt?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I just bought side console 460 quinnie renegade. It does lean a bit at 10 knots or less, but can handle that.
    Once up on plane , no lean at all.
    I like the side console over a tiller.
    Got offshore well, plenty room to walk around.
    Space in front of console to put esky.
    Forward steer, no more sore shoulers at end of day as with tiller.
    Good place to put sounder.
    Has glovebox.

There u go, 5 reasons for side console

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    I just bought side console 460 quinnie renegade. It does lean a bit at 10 knots or less, but can handle that.
    Once up on plane , no lean at all.
    I like the side console over a tiller.
    Got offshore well, plenty room to walk around.
    Space in front of console to put esky.
    Forward steer, no more sore shoulers at end of day as with tiller.
    Good place to put sounder.
    Has glovebox.

There u go, 5 reasons for side console
    Bluefin said "positives". I only see two in your reply. It has a glovebox and your arm doesn't get sore. The rest of your reasons would be better without the console in the way. More space for your esky, more room to walk around without the console in the way, and the sounder argument? I'm pretty sure you would be able to mount a sounder wherever you choose on a ram mount and be able to view it anywhere in the boat. Fixed on a console you can't do this.
    I stand by my original statement. Side consoles are the biggest waste of space on a 15ft tinny!!! But I hope you and your one rested arm enjoy it. They are an awesome boat those Renegades. If only they made a 520 tiller.

Boat leaning

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Unicorn View Post
    Bluefin said "positives". I only see two in your reply. It has a glovebox and your arm doesn't get sore. The rest of your reasons would be better without the console in the way. More space for your esky, more room to walk around without the console in the way, and the sounder argument? I'm pretty sure you would be able to mount a sounder wherever you choose on a ram mount and be able to view it anywhere in the boat. Fixed on a console you can't do this.
    I stand by my original statement. Side consoles are the biggest waste of space on a 15ft tinny!!! But I hope you and your one rested arm enjoy it. They are an awesome boat those Renegades. If only they made a 520 tiller.
    Plenty of positives if you read what's been posted but just because you don't see that as a positive doesn't mean it isn't to others . My reasoning was bad back and shoulder from previous tillers and work especially with a 60 hp , also the cover provided during trips offshore or across the bay during some conditions certainly suits me . My electronics sitting behind my console get minimal salt water over them which IS a problem over the long term , my furuno 620 and my Navman colour gps are still going strong after 10 yrs and 950 hrs and not having any issues unlike a lot of lowrance stuff that's on ram mounts that suffer water ingress problems depending on conditions you fish in .
    If you think a console is the greatest waste of time ever that's up to you but don't make crap blanket statements that aren't true , some of us older blokes wouldn't have it any other way so go and enjoy your boat as much as me and my wife have ours . Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Shark Poker View Post
    there are positives if they erupt?
    Set up , was what it was supposed to say stupid spell check. Matt