Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WT, Lowrance don't carry spares.

WT, Lowrance don't carry spares.

So still working on my mates Elite 5M, a broken pin on the power so ket, easily fixed, remove Din socket ring Lowrance and replace. "We don't carry spares or repair units, we do an exchange whereby we replace or upgrade at around half the retail price proving unit is lessential tHan 5 yrs old.". 3 months out.

All of this for a $5 socket. Off to Jaycar to see if I can get a Din socket and plug to get this unit working, don't hold my breath as lately they haven't had much of anything I wanted. Anyone got any old units or bits and pieces lying around, doesn't matter how many pins so long as 15mm in diam.

Re: WT, Lowrance don't carry spares.

G'day Dignity.
    I have 2 old Eagle's and an X28 lowrance if they are any good to you. I don't know which socket your after but they have leads with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    G'day Dignity.
    I have 2 old Eagle's and an X28 lowrance if they are any good to you. I don't know which socket your after but they have leads with them.
    It's the power lead side. The hole size is 15 mm, jaycar had din plugs but there were all metal, I was hoping to stay with plastic. Any of the units not working, I'll try them.

Best option is to find a dead unit Dignity and pirate some bits. Lowrance/Navico never have carried spares. Made for some colourful conversations with disgruntled customers over the years. I never sold the Elite series - got a piccy of the socket you are chasing?

Scottar, this is the unit. I'm hoping one of Gon Fishun units will have the correct size, basically the diameter of the hole is 15mm, the depth of the plug that sits behind the faceplate can't be more than 10 mm as then it will come possibly too close to other circuitry.
    Attached Images Attached Images

check for any old cheap Eagle sounders, or even "CONDOR" a knock off brand that used the same transducers/power plugs

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Scottar, this is the unit. I'm hoping one of Gon Fishun units will have the correct size, basically the diameter of the hole is 15mm, the depth of the plug that sits behind the faceplate can't be more than 10 mm as then it will come possibly too close to other circuitry.
    If you have no joy, Conxall make a series of connectors that are pretty similar - just means you will have to make a new power cable as well as replace the socket. Called the Micro-Con-X series - they are available in a few different diameters - one of which is 15.5mm

This is what I have . If you can use them I will post them to you other wise they will end up in the bin.

Eagle and lowrance 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    This is what I have . If you can use them I will post them to you other wise they will end up in the bin.

Eagle and lowrance 2.jpg
    I'll take them, the top eagle one looks about right. Whereabouts are you, I might be able to pick them up.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    If you have no joy, Conxall make a series of connectors that are pretty similar - just means you will have to make a new power cable as well as replace the socket. Called the Micro-Con-X series - they are available in a few different diameters - one of which is 15.5mm
    Thanks Scottar, I will keep that in mind if Gon Fishin bits and pieces don't work out.

This site is awesome!
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Blog Entries

Sam, Labor's Elite 7 shat itself after 2.5 yrs of use. Same deal, they replaced old for new for half price. He was happy with that outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Sam, Labor's Elite 7 shat itself after 2.5 yrs of use. Same deal, they replaced old for new for half price. He was happy with that outcome.
    Luke, it's only a $5 part vs $500 and I would bet that a broken pin would be the main issue in a lot of cases. I know who's making the money out this scheme.

Blog Entries

Luke, it's only a $5 part vs $500 and I would bet that a broken pin would be the main issue in a lot of cases. I know who's making the money out this scheme.
    Yeah I understand that, just saying it also works the other way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Yeah I understand that, just saying it also works the other way as well.
    I guess I should have clarified (not thinking clearly at 2am) , it only cost me $260 to have my Garmin replaced when the screen died because they repair units.