Thread: Kevlacat 2400 outboard height

Kevlacat 2400 outboard height

Gday lads,

Have a 2005 2400 Kevlacat with twin Suzuki 140s and was wondering if anyone has done any experimenting with engine height?

Previous owner has lifted it 2 holes from the factory setting, which I think it is one hole to high as I can hear it cavitating sometimes so was planning on dropping one hole, only thing is I don't seem to be getting the 42knots WOT others seem to get with this combo, mine is more like 37-38 knots(2POB and half tanks). and I'm assuming that will drop even further if I lower the outboards?

props are solas 13x21 4 blades, which also seem to be standard with this combo.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Re: Kevlacat 2400 outboard height

any kc2400 boys on here still 😊

Yep :-)
    As per PM's earlier, same boat, same year, same motors. Factory position for the motors, actually fitted out by Springwood marine when Rafe Holm was working there. Not aware of any issues, performance is great. Son had it up to 41knots a couple of times but said he didn't have it flat out or fiddle with the trimming much to squeeze a bit more but seems it would get there no probs.
    Cheers
    Rod

U4reel. same here mate. everyone said 42kts wot. I get about 37-38, 2 up with 1/2 tanks. normal gear and probably 50kg ice etc. 4 blade solas. 2003 model. my zukes are mounted 1 hole down from the top. spose if you were 2 up and running on fumes, you might get there. always feed in max trim minus 1 click of the switch, so got the least amount of boat in the water. who knows??

had a 05 with 140s on it 05 models as well did 42knts full noise at 6200rpm updated motors in 2012 and they run different gear ratio to the 05s and max I could get was 39.4 knts,didn't seem to make any difference on fuel load or load in the boat it didn't change the top end speed.cannot remember what height motors where though
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

cheers guys, as Capecrusader and kagey are both on the the second hole from the top and mine is second from the bottom and still not reaching the common 42knots.. Im working on GPS speed so might read higher on gauges perhaps.

Mine are definitely too high and blow out too easy, so will drop down one hole and compare.

G'day
    We only use GPS for speed and usually have 3/4 of the 450L of fuel on board
    Cheers
    Rod