Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ANZAC Day Boat Ramps WTF!

Re: ANZAC Day Boat Ramps WTF!

Anyone use the manly coastguard end ramp on anzac day? I heard rumours that the police closed it down to people launching by midday cause it was too busy and there was few altercations? Anyone confirm?
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    Anyone use the manly coastguard end ramp on anzac day? I heard rumours that the police closed it down to people launching by midday cause it was too busy and there was few altercations? Anyone confirm?
    I was out of the water by 11am, no fun stoppers when i left but it was busy.

I got back in around 12 and had to queue with about eight other boats before we could get to a pontoon or ramp.
    Didn't see any altercations but saw quite a few boofheads doing the type of stuff that triggers them.

Went to carbrook and paid $10. No lineups launching or retrieving.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What gets under my skin is the cars without trailers parking in the trailer spots. I launched about 930am ANZAC day from the Manly ramp next to RQYS, and there were plenty of cars parked in the trailer bays. It is like that every time I launch there, and so far I have only used that ramp on weekends or public holidays. I understand there are shared zones but these don't apply on weekends or PH. It's about time the relevant authority went down and towed the illegally parked cars. I was fortunate to grab a park due to an exiting boat, but a car did park there first but moved after another boatie suggested it wasn't a good idea!