Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling all 2100 KC or KC owners in general

Re: Calling all 2100 KC or KC owners in general

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    I'd definitely go 115's on the 2100. No point having a cat if you can use its full speed potential. 90hp is perfect for the 1900/5.2 and the 2100 is a noticeable size difference. So 115 with counter rotating is def best option.
    If you do go to a 115, go the Mercury 115 Command Thrust, perfect for that job. An incredibly fuel efficient big displacement donk and lightest in it's class! Mat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantren View Post
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...-1900-and-2100
    Jerk n wined used to have a 2100, some good videos on his youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs...jPFTCLOdlzx7Yw
    Pretty confident he had 90 Etecs on his 2100, not that there is anything wrong with that....The 90's were a good motor.
    Hope this helps.....
    Thanks for that, have had a look at his You Tube vids and has a few ideas there id like to talk to him about, do you know if he is still active on Ausfish? i have sent him a PM but no reply yet, would be interested to know how the 90 etecs went on it with fuel consumption etc.
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Quote Originally Posted by mace01 View Post
    If you do go to a 115, go the Mercury 115 Command Thrust, perfect for that job. An incredibly fuel efficient big displacement donk and lightest in it's class! Mat.
    Yes im thinking these would be the engines for this hull it would either be 90 etecs or the 115 Mercs.

I have a 5.2 Kevlacat with 90 zukes for sale if interested.

No sorry we bought the 2100. Wanted bunks. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by Skusto View Post
    No sorry we bought the 2100. Wanted bunks. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    Congrats on the purchase!
    Will be a hell of a difference from the 18' bar crusher.

Quote Originally Posted by ric View Post
    Congrats on the purchase!
    Will be a hell of a difference from the 18' bar crusher.
    Cheers Ric, we are happy enough with the purchase we think we done the right thing time will tell hey! ha ha But one thing I am really happy with is how easy it is to drive, We took the chance Monday just gone to head outside Moreton.

Forecast was for 10-15 and was sort of hoping the dropping wind would come a little earlier then Monday night. But to no avail she blew of the cape 20-25kts all Sunday night!

We decided we would still make the run over and out to see how it went.

What can i say from being in a mono Hull my whole life and all the talk about learning to drive cats i cant believe how easy they are to get used to, now im not saying im driving it perfect but the boat had no bad manners at all! she cut through the previous night 20kn across the bay quite well we were sitting on 20kts the whole way over and i can say the BC wouldnt be sitting there. pushed all the way outside to the 130m mark quite well now to say there was never a jar would be a lie but very few and far between and it done well sitting on 25km through the big swell and chop.

Had a fish and raced home across the bay at 50km for a quick trip home late arvo, we couldnt really fault it all day at all and has eased the nerves alot! Sure i will keep learning on how the boat handles but all the talk about having to know how to drive a cat in my eyes is a little bit put on.

Skusto, glad you are the converted. You'll never go back now.

She won't ride like that in all conditions. Sometimes less wind and wave height at a shorter interval can really give you the shits if you want to travel in a certain direction. You'll find a lot of the time in certain sea states that both hulls hitting the water at the same time will bang a lot. It's not like the BC but you know the hull can perform better. This is where the learning comes in to get the cat walking to smooth the rode out.

Other days that would have you practicing your best squat routine in the BC you'll find yourself lying back and driving with your feet at 25-30kts.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.