Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowrance transducer model?

Ausfish Platinum Member

Lowrance transducer model?

I've been involved in the long-running saga of the old bloke up the road and his new HDI-Elite 7 Ti---had his original fail after 3 weeks, and the replacement under warranty, in 3 hours. I was involved in transferring the marks from his old one, and ensuring it had a good clean power supply . I also weighed in with some information to the supplier after the second failure, when they were saying it was probably down to power supply on his boat. It wasn't, and I explained what I had done in this respect.
    So, eventually , he was given a HDS-7 as a replacement at no extra cost on the original purchase. I'd have to compliment Whitworths on this, good people to deal with and this would only reinforce my opinion . I set it up for him, interface appears to be identical to the -Ti, nice and easy. But I have a question re his transducer. He has no idea what was originally supplied as a transducer with the -Ti, and the HDS came as just a head unit. I can't remember what i set it up as originally, and the label on the plug end has no info I can decipher. So, two clues---it is Blue in colour, and was supplied as a package with the Elite-7 Ti? I have set it as a HST-DFSBL, which is possibly wrong--any ideas?

Re: Lowrance transducer model?

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    I've been involved in the long-running saga of the old bloke up the road and his new HDI-Elite 7 Ti---had his original fail after 3 weeks, and the replacement under warranty, in 3 hours. I was involved in transferring the marks from his old one, and ensuring it had a good clean power supply . I also weighed in with some information to the supplier after the second failure, when they were saying it was probably down to power supply on his boat. It wasn't, and I explained what I had done in this respect.
    So, eventually , he was given a HDS-7 as a replacement at no extra cost on the original purchase. I'd have to compliment Whitworths on this, good people to deal with and this would only reinforce my opinion . I set it up for him, interface appears to be identical to the -Ti, nice and easy. But I have a question re his transducer. He has no idea what was originally supplied as a transducer with the -Ti, and the HDS came as just a head unit. I can't remember what i set it up as originally, and the label on the plug end has no info I can decipher. So, two clues---it is Blue in colour, and was supplied as a package with the Elite-7 Ti? I have set it as a HST-DFSBL, which is possibly wrong--any ideas?
    Seems they have them with a couple of different transducers Ranmar. Pic of the transducer might help. The one you have selected is a dual frequency 50/200 KHz with no downscan.

Ausfish Platinum Member

It's a blue skimmer type, on the cheap and nasty type of Lowrance mount, the light and narrow ss bracket. Not the heavier plastic type bracket the HST-DFSBL has. I'm familiar with these transducers, use one on my Elite-7 Chirp. I doubt if he's interested in Downscan, the way he uses it.

Standard 83/200 is a HS-WSBL if without temp or a HST-WSBL with temp - cable exits from the top of the transducer behind the mounting. If the transducer is the HDI version it uses the same or similar looking mount but the cable exits from the front below the mounting point from what I can see.

Selection guide here - you can deselect some options to only leave transom mounts

http://transducerguide.simrad-yachting.com/

Most likley it is the 83/200 HDI transducer, if it is a smaller size. So it does 83 and 200 hz, plus downscan, but not sidescan.

The standard packages these days for the Elite series are the HDI, or the Totalscan. Presumably you would know if you have a Totalscan, they are big long buggers!

The HDI comes with that stainless bracket you mentioned.

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Produc...cer-en-us.aspx
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Ausfish Platinum Member

I looked at that, but the one in question has a black plug, and is blue in colour. He was out this morning, and hasn't been down to see me, so it must have worked well enough I'm out myself in the morning, I'll check up with him when I get in.

if yu ring lowrance tech support and send them a photo as i have in the past they will tell yu what it is
    cheer rob

any photos?

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Ausfish Platinum Member

Attachment 115599Attachment 115600Attachment 115601

Pics of transducer and plug/labels. He believes he ordered 50/200 in the original order of the HDI-7 Ti, which is where this transducer originated.

IMG_20170426_141130-M.jpgIMG_20170426_141212-L.jpgIMG_20170426_141224-L.jpg

OK, tried it the other way.

no go with the photos

www.moosemarine.com.au

Ausfish Platinum Member

Edited my last post, should be able to see them now.

yep that's a Xsonic downscan 83/200/455 transducer.

www.moosemarine.com.au

Ausfish Platinum Member

So on a HDS-7 setup menu, it would come up as a HDI 83/200 455/800?

Ausfish Platinum Member

He messaged me last night, that selection I used above is still not giving him a picture. He is at his wit's end, hasn't had a useable Lowrance product for 4 months now. I told him I couldn't do any more for him from where i am ( away at work), said we'd have to actually look at it in the water when I got home.

Ausfish Platinum Member

back home. he rang Whitworths and they told him it was a TotalScan. Put the boat in this morning, selected that from the menu, all good. Once question about HDS's--he didn't have the manual on board, how do you get rid of that annoying menu bar down the RHS of the screen taking up real estate?