Thread: STOP Commercial Netting in the Great Sandy Marine Park !

STOP Commercial Netting in the Great Sandy Marine Park !

STOP Commercial netting in the Great Sandy Marine Park !

IT’S TIME to end damaging commercial netting in the Great Sandy Marine Park!

The Great Sandy Marine Park is THE ONLY Marine Park that allows commercial netting in what “should be” TRUE YELLOW CONSERVATION ZONE AREAS!

Ending damaging commercial netting in the Great Sandy Marine Park – which has already been tentatively listed as a World Heritage Area, will bring a much needed boost to an environment deserving of proper marine protection.
    Using commercial nets to:

• Target spawning aggregations MUST BE STOPPED
    • Target bream, whiting and flathead in conservation park yellow zones MUST BE STOPPED
    • Target top level predators like mackerel , trevally, barramundi , threadfin salmon and shark MUST BE STOPPED
    • Target low food value but high recreational fishing value fish like Golden Trevally, Snub nosed dart ( Permit ) , Queenfish, Giant Herring etc. MUST BE STOPPED
    • Incidentally catch dugongs and marine turtles is definitely MUST BE STOPPED

Sign this PETITION to request Dr Steven Miles - Minister for Environment and Heritage Protection and Minister for National Parks and the Great Barrier Reef and the Palaszczuk State Government to commit to ending destructive commercial netting operations in the Great Sandy Marine Park and adjacent waterways under the current full term 10 year review to restore fish stocks and help protect the Queensland urban coast’s largest dugong population.

Sign NOW @ https://www.change.org/p/dr-steven-m...dy-marine-park

And share with ALL your friends & Contacts ....

Thanks Scott Mitchell

Chairman
    Fraser Coast Fishing Alliance Inc.
    So Many Fish - So little time !

I Proudly support the following companies: Shimano, G.Loomis, The Haines Group, Scientific Anglers, Abel Reels, Lowrance

Re: STOP Commercial Netting in the Great Sandy Marine Park !

Delete this thread mods... This 'person' has already posted this in general.

Ric - I have been a member of this web site/forum since 2001 & have dedicated a lot of my personal time to recreational fishing management both in NSW & Qld in that time - I have explained why this petition has been posted across the different boards.

Regards Scotto

I Proudly support the following companies: Shimano, G.Loomis, The Haines Group, Scientific Anglers, Abel Reels, Lowrance

Scott, I usually go straight to New Posts rather than a specific forum so I also have seen it multiple times. It would be better to approach the mods and have it so that members are redirected to the thread, usually there is message saying the mods want to read something, it has happened in the past and saves a lot of angst. If the mods agree of course.

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT NOW !

We will NEED more than 2500 signatures - Apathy across our sector is one of our major challenges !

Please sign THIS Petition and share with your friends & Contacts if you want to see Commercial NETTING removed from the following areas :-

* Baffle Creek & tributaries
    * The Elliott River & tributaries
    * The Burrum River & tributaries
    * The Mary River & tributaries

* The Great Sandy Strait and Tin Can Bay Inlet

The Full Term Review of our Great Sandy Marine Park is currently in Phase One & we NEED a show of support to STOP Commercial Netting in the above areas by removing the "anomaly" that is the "Great Sandy Designated Area" - which DOES NOT EXIST in ANY other marine park by the 5th of June 2017 !

SIGN HERE - It takes less than a minute - https://www.change.org/p/dr-steven-m...dy-marine-park

Regards Scotto