Thread: stanage bay in 4m boat

stanage bay in 4m boat

hi fist time going to stanage taking a 4m boat can i get to any reef and im going at the end of oct any info would be great

Re: stanage bay in 4m boat

Plenty of people have been out to the dukes on a good day. It's the closest island group.

Make sure you have epirb if heading out.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

On a good day no problems. When the weather turns bad you will wish you were in a much bigger boat. The waves do stand up around and in between the islands and when its tide against wind.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

thats good we have 10 days so hope to get out and get sum reef fish any spots or marks would be great if anyone would like to pass on

First stop upon arrival, after the pub go and see Von in the tackle shop there she will point you in the right direction and share some knowledge about the area..

Plenty of ground close but as with anything usually bit harder work than the stuff that is harder to get too, good luck.

wind against the tide is pretty choppy with short waves ,used a 4.9 and having a good time down the channel in the creeks ,went around an island in flat water and met short sharp waves with a headwind on an outgoing tide,taking water over the bow ,certainly wakes you up ,you see the same effect in the channel in front of the boat ramp and wonder what the dirty /brown water is all about - to a firstimer like me i thought it was a long sand bank.