Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry fisher 795 MARLIN from Jeanneau

Merry fisher 795 MARLIN from Jeanneau

Hey guys, i was handed the keys to the very first Marlin 795 in oz to give it my opinion .

As an option for a big trailerable fishing boat.... highly recommended .

Moose

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Re: Merry fisher 795 MARLIN from Jeanneau

Nice vid Moose, they're getting better and better.

I can see that boat selling in this country depending on price of course.

What is that one stickered at?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Another overwidth import. Just what the Australian market needs

Quote Originally Posted by myusernam View Post
    Another overwidth import. Just what the Australian market needs
    I wouldn't call it over width. I'd call Australia over regulated.

It looks kind of "old fashioned" to me, might be the square looking, almost house looking cabin?

Traditional style pilot house looks great. Might confuse it with an Arvor from a distance. Not sure what it is with these Euro imports, but they seem to love putting small engines on big hulls.

or is it that australians like putting big engines on small boats ?

when i first saw these euros come through a few years ago when i was working at a suburban dealership i thought they would be like other greek or cypris built go nowhere boats.. COULDNT BE MORE WRONG.
    there is a reason jeanneau is the largest boat builder in the world. so when you have a builder in australia "not saying they are paid" chopper gunning or hand laying a few boats a year with thick glass on hull designs that trace back routes to the 60s.... your going to need some oompth

i spent the day recently on a 225hp yamaha v6 powered 795 merryfisher "cabin cruiser version of this hull and heavier". and we hit 40 knotts with 3 on board and full fuel.. new prop fitted this week so we shall see.

under powered isn't the right word... there are just lots of ways of creating performance.

yep this boat is wider than 2.5mt.... considering that its built in europe.... and most first world boating nations allow wider than 2.5 towing, it really should be a sign of dated Australian road rules "though that isnt more forte."

depending on set up and and fitouts. a 795 with a 200 verado "my choice" with a bit of comfort and gear would be around 140k + trailer

www.moosemarine.com.au

@140K That will surely get a few sales.

Not one negative comment/criticism on youtube review apart from maybe more power. Nothing mentioned about construction techniques below deck or even if it's foam filled. Is it a glass screen or perplex? It always amazes how reviewers take boats out on nice day's. That chop in the footage you could handle in a 12 foot tinny. I'm not saying take the boat out in 30 knots of wind, but maybe something more challenging than the footage supplied, and their are no end of day's in Melbourne where the bay can kick up.

I would be concerned about lugging a boat around with a 2.8m beam but that's just me!

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

it is wide. but a bit of practice and good mirrors its not that bad towing. i've towed a few with a Ford ranger, no worries

www.moosemarine.com.au

perhaps in victoria you have different rules, but here in qld the issues with overwidth boats have been widely discussed on this site, and are quite significant.

Overwidth beam is not a big deal. I think the onwater benefits outweigh any Towing/forum discussion issues...

Yeah I love a wide boat
    So much more to offer on the water.
    Stability, room to move and more storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadrise? Euros generally need less power because they are a more efficient hull which translates to not much deadrise. Part of my family owns a euro boat brand and we looked hard at importing them but at the end of the day it isn't right for our conditions. The Jeanneau looks more like it but at that width with those shoulders you aren't going to want more than 60 h.p. on the ocean.
    nil carborundum illegitimi