Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caloundra bar claims 2 boats

Re: Caloundra bar claims 2 boats

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    I was watching the bar from kings beach on Sunday. A boat that looked like a Whittley approached the bar and was timing the wave. They selected their wave to follow in and we're almost fully committed when three jet skis came flying over the wave and zipping around. Watched the boat abort and didn't see them go in as I had to take the kids home. I wasn't even in the boat and I was livid at the jet skis
    The bar is bad enough without that
    And today coming in, jet skiers and paddle boarders right across the bar, the jet skiers don't bother me if they decide to cut in cross of me because once committed I'm not stopping, they can move out of the way much quicker than I can manoeuvre.
    Back at the ramp though, all the jetskies lined up on the sand, nowhere to park our boat while they're on shore having a bbq, come on where the he'll is some common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    And today coming in, jet skiers and paddle boarders right across the bar, the jet skiers don't bother me if they decide to cut in cross of me because once committed I'm not stopping, they can move out of the way much quicker than I can manoeuvre.
    Back at the ramp though, all the jetskies lined up on the sand, nowhere to park our boat while they're on shore having a bbq, come on where the he'll is some common sense.
    LOL. Common sense??? Ask any WPHSO - there is no such animal Dignity. I had a similar experience down the Goldy - did the right thing waiting 20 feet from the end of the ramp pontoon for my turn due to lack of room for a 6.8 platey and they just kept coming around us. In the end I cracked the shits and came on in - they scattered like flies and I got some dirty looks but I was way past being polite by that stage. Seems to be the only thing a lot of them understand. They do seem to think that the sand areas right beside the ramps are the best place for a mothers meeting.

Getting a bit off track but the guy around the corner who sells jet skis says very few of the buyers have PWC licences and only about a third of the non licence holders are even interested in spending an additional $150 to take the test which he does albeit very in aptly.

Another this morning on the sp bar
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...0875989b0b43ca

The report says it was a "freak wave"! A lot of freak waves around lately

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Getting a bit off track but the guy around the corner who sells jet skis says very few of the buyers have PWC licences and only about a third of the non licence holders are even interested in spending an additional $150 to take the test which he does albeit very in aptly.
    That's crazy, don't want to spend $150 but could cost hundreds of thousands and possible jail time if they hurt/kill someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

It was a no brainer when I got my boat license 7 years back even though I don't really see the sense in jet skis. Certainly wasn't an extra $150 though.