Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merry fisher 795 MARLIN from Jeanneau

Re: Merry fisher 795 MARLIN from Jeanneau

What brand is that GBC ?
    your right about the hulls. They do require less to push them around. the beam compliments the heigher sides. i fished a perticully choppy Tea tree fishing comp in a 680 patriot haines , With its high sides but narrower beam she was a rock rolly boat.

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Moonday yachts. They have started with glass boats now too. 680 is rolly but it will run quicker. Everything is a compromise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    or is it that australians like putting big engines on small boats ?

when i first saw these euros come through a few years ago when i was working at a suburban dealership i thought they would be like other greek or cypris built go nowhere boats.. COULDNT BE MORE WRONG.
    there is a reason jeanneau is the largest boat builder in the world. so when you have a builder in australia "not saying they are paid" chopper gunning or hand laying a few boats a year with thick glass on hull designs that trace back routes to the 60s.... your going to need some oompth

i spent the day recently on a 225hp yamaha v6 powered 795 merryfisher "cabin cruiser version of this hull and heavier". and we hit 40 knotts with 3 on board and full fuel.. new prop fitted this week so we shall see.

under powered isn't the right word... there are just lots of ways of creating performance.

yep this boat is wider than 2.5mt.... considering that its built in europe.... and most first world boating nations allow wider than 2.5 towing, it really should be a sign of dated Australian road rules "though that isnt more forte."

depending on set up and and fitouts. a 795 with a 200 verado "my choice" with a bit of comfort and gear would be around 140k + trailer
    Australia is pretty much on par with what you'd expect. If you want big power on small boats, they're all in Florida. How do these get around the horsepower issue, no deadrise? Large pad? Stepped hulls? Or are they more designed around the type of waters in their country of origin? I've seen ~7m Euro rigs with 115hp, I figure they're not intended to get on plane very much, rather just putt around in their canals.

Overwidth not an issue? Tell that to an insurance company next time your making a claim. 2.8 is a lot of beam. I must admit everytime I get back to shore after travelling 50 - 80 NM each way through NQ chop I say to myself what I need is more beam, less deadrise and an insurance headache/ daylight only towing restrictions and not over Easter or Christmas but that's just me

A nation wide regulation on size would help, its not such a big deal here in vic at 2.8mt takes 30 seconds to put the necessary flags on.

with a 250hp on the 795 merry fisher "cruiser version of this boat" we will get hole shot and time to plane in 6 seconds and a top speed a hair over 40 knots. i feel most people dont need that speed more often than not and a 225 or even 200 depending on load of the boat is enough to give a high 20s cruise speed and good range.

takes a few thousand off the cost of the boat too.

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au